THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Mass emails and phone calls from anti's

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mass emails and phone calls from anti's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I don't post much online but I would like some input from the African hunting community. Since CECIL we have been the regular targets of several anti-hunting groups, I think our European advertising (now ended) has led to this and the proximity of one of our hunting areas to Hwange. These groups attack en masse sending a flood of emails all at once or by calling every few seconds during the night. They have threatened my children, my wife and myself with death by decapitation, bombing and various other very descriptive ways to end to my life. The FBI has no interest in running these threats down it seems and despite my attempts at real reason and explanation it is all in vain. An example is that last year we worked in conjunction with Mike Van Zyl, he did a small cat hunt and then sent the client to me for a leopard both successful. About a week after Mike was killed I received a flood of emails ALL from the same address stating they hoped we all fell to the same fate in various nasty ways. IT was obviously more than one person using the email address based on sheer volume and a combined effort of several or many individuals which I suspect are from Green Peace UK. I posted the email on AfricanHunting.com and asked the community for help in flooding this email address which I felt might at least shut that address down only to have Jerome BAN me from posting. DOES ANYONE have any ideas on how we as sportsmen can organize a response effort when we are confronted with this type of harassment??

SAFARISEAN

Posts: 180 | Location: KC MO> | Registered: 31 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sean,

I don't know what to say except to block all these folks on your e-mail and turn your phone off at night. I declined to be interviewed for a documentary on trophy hunting done by a UK company just because I didn't want anymore of the crap your getting.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why did Jerome say he banned you? Did you receive any type of warning?

did you actually report to the FBI, or just assume they would do nothing? Sometimes we just have to at least go through the process, even if we don't think, or know, that anything will come of it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find it extremely difficult to stir hunters to action.

I have not been attacked like you have. However, I have been attacked on multiple fronts. When we had the bear hunt a couple of years back, I got quite a few e mails. Some polite, some threatening. One was very threatening. Took me less than 5 minutes to find this jack ass on line including pictures of his house and his kids. I really wanted to e mail the pictures back to him. I knew better.

I also had some English jack ass set up a Facebook page for my business attacking me for elephant hunting. I had no idea for over a year .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by royal27:
Why did Jerome say he banned you? Did you receive any type of warning?

did you actually report to the FBI, or just assume they would do nothing? Sometimes we just have to at least go through the process, even if we don't think, or know, that anything will come of it.

I agree with this post! These are terroristic threats, and the FBI should look into this and set some examples publically because threatening anyone with death and dismemberment is illegal. Since these threats are coming from the UK however the USA homeland security should be made aware if the foreign threats are made on Americans who are simply doing nothing illegal.

I'm beginning to think the internet is not the best thing that has happened to the world!

............................................................. killpc

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have made numerous reports to both the FBI and my local sheriffs department. The ONLY action taken was by local sheriffs under internet bullying legislation in Iowa when one of the death threats was traced back to an individual that had been convicted of VIOLENT protest in his home state over the introduction of DOVE season. His parole was revoked and he is spending 5 years in prison.

We do block emails but this is a mass attack so between poling for messages we have several times received over 100 emails in a 15 minute period. The phones must be left on at all hours as we have over 40 hunters alone in Zim this year, some there now and they must be able to reach me in the event of any issues they might have with their travel arrangements. We do have a block in place that blocks unidentified phones from calling but this doesn't stop SKYPE calls which are anonymous. The HSA, Peta, Green Peace etc. have political action groups organized to include hundreds of devout fanatics. Their method of operation is to send the company or individuals information to these "action" groups that then swarm the target. SCI, DSC and the NRA will not do anything of this sort and seem to be fairly impotent. And yes you are correct sportsmen in general seem like they just want to slide under any scrutiny and hope to be ignored. Look at this post for example! These groups are winning we have lost Ele, Lion and Polar Bears ALL to anti-hunting lobbies that continue to whittle away our sport and STILL we fail to do anything other than hide from these groups!!! The Trump group is so mired in mud that the things Don Jr. made promises about to many including to me in person at MDF Salt Lake when speaking to Don Pey of SFW and Ryan Benson COO of BGF have still failed to materialize and I fear they have too many problems to make ANY kind of controversial decision on hot button issues like Lion and Elephants let alone the Polar Bear issue.

As far as Jerome at AfricanHunting.com no warning or reason was sent to me when I went to check for responses all I could get was a message that I was banned. I am just speculating but I would guess he doesn't want any controversy or to be targeted either which is just more gutlessness. A guy would think he would want to fight for his livelihood wouldn't ya??

Until we as sportsmen organize, educate and retaliate like the anti's do we will continue to gradually lose every species (look at the stink about Giraffe lately! and hunting in Africa will be a thing of the past in less than 2 decades...SAFARISEAN

SAFARISEAN

Posts: 180 | Location: KC MO> | Registered: 31 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was banned a few years ago by Jerome because when somebody asked about the fire in the warehouse in Bulawayo that destroyed a whole lot of trophies I responded because my friend lost over 20. Don't expect much insight from the posts there. Grateful that Saaed keeps such an open mind and allows people to report the truth.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check into Jerome.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote