THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Some interesting stories I heard in TZ

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some interesting stories I heard in TZ
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted
With some of the names out I think I had better skip over these stories.... Smiler

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are GREAT stories!!!

I am glad to hear some of our politicians appreciate African hunting!

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Great stories.

Got me curious as to which country singer it was.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Last summer I met Bill Frist soon after I returned from TZ. He was most interested in my trip and said he was interested in doing a safari-glad to hear that he did it. He said he had been to Africa several times doing medical work, but never hunting.Hopefully he had a wonderful trip.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cable68:
Great stories.

Got me curious as to which country singer it was.

It was George Strait, they had a bunch of pictures of him in their latest brochure. I guess he decided it was OK to go public.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Man, I can't believe that Senator Frist was acutally on a hunt in Africa! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Frist also did a hunt in NZ for stag with his boys. Saw pics of him at the outfitters both in Reno.

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know James Baker likes buffalo hunting. Heck of a guy.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spring:
With some of the names out I think I had better skip over these stories.... Smiler

What happens on safari, stays on safari . . . indeed! Don't you ever believe it. The only way two people can ever keep a secret is if one of them is dead. No offense, Vic. Not you. The PH's can be like washerwomen. It's just too small a world for this kind of thing.

So, then, let's see--the only two Jeopardy questions left are:

Answer: He brought his mistress on safari and got burned by the brochure.

Question/Answer: Who is . . . ??? I.M. Reading Impaired.

Answer: He brought two prostitutes on safari and got burned when he urinated.

And the final Jeopardy question/answer is: Who is . . . ??? I.P. Flaming. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13642 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
I had a feeling tht's who it would be (Strait). He's very well known for keeping a low profile on just about everything he does; booking under an alias sounds like something he'd do to go on any kind of vacation. Likely to have been just to have privacy, not just to keep the animal rights people off his case.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Uh, what stories? I must be stoopid, don't know what's happening. homer

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for a PH to get off a plane at the strip at Kisigo and who should get off the plane but GS, his wife, and son. They couldn't have been nicer and one would have never known that he was "famous".

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with 475, apparantly our computers didn't get any stories or links to them????

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42163 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mufasa,
GS? I assume that is George Stright, he is a heck of a nice guy and one heck of a good team roper, my most loved sport......

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42163 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I'm with 475, apparantly our computers didn't get any stories or links to them????

People started naming names, and the stories got deleted. Eeker

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SHOOT!

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote