Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunting - Zurich???
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
Well I tried posting this it in the "travel" forum and only 4 people have looked at my request...

So, while on my to go to "Africa for Big Game Hunting", I have a 10-hour layover in Zurich...

Besides contemplating all the things I want to shoot on my "African Big Game Hunt", what should I do in Zurich all day???

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I know that this would be a third place, but you could try the European hunting forum.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
this would be a third place, but you could try the European hunting forum.

Did you get that DVD burner working, Charles?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
Did you get that DVD burner working, Charles?

I had a successful test run and will see if I can get that completed tonight. Razzer

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the weathers nice I would sit in an outdoor cafe and watch the people walk by...trying to guess which one's have numbered accounts from ill-gotten gains. wave

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
So none here have taken this route?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
When are you coming, will you be on your own, what do you enjoy doing??

Switzerland is a pretty small place, it would easily be possible to go somewhere (train or car) and see some of the sights in 10 hours. Zurich itself is a nice city with a medieval part, which makes for a nice walk.

It really depends on when you arrive, and what you'd like to do??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sent a PM, if you happen to check those?
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been through Zurich quite a bit but haven't found it to be a particularly exciting town. If I have a whole day I get on the train and go somewhere else, Lauterbrunen is very nice for example. There are some decent places to eat and sitting outside drinking beer out of really big mugs is always fun.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote