Find
Notify
Tools

Request for Someone in Reno
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
A personal and perhaps somewhat odd request. The leopard, bushbuck and hyena that I shot on my trip to Zim in 2007 is on display in Reno. The display is with the leopard in a tree with the bushbuck on a limb and the hyena on the ground looking up longingly. Unfortunately, I have not seen the mount. It was finished just before Rocky Cooper with Brush Country Studios left for Reno.

So my request, if you are in Reno and can swing by and take a look at the mount, let me know how it looks. Better yet, email me a picture if your cell phone has a camera or you have a digital camera with you (mjines@reliant.com). Brush Country is displaying in Booth 215 (on Whitetail Way) with Tanzania Big Game Safaris.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Call me......708-227-9596

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Had I known before I left, I would have brought a camera. Will try the cell phone method.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike: I just bought a new 8MP Sony still camera, and planned to take photos of all the taxidermy there with it. Will be on the floor Fri/Sat and would be glad to get you some pics from all angles, and send on my return.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

We saw your mount-FANTASTIC!!!!!

The taxidermist did a great job on all the animals,especially the expression on the leopard's face.

You will love it.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback Kathi.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I have a picture of your mount and tried to send it to the email address in your post. I get an error saying your message quota is exceeded.

Posts: 142 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mike,
400 Nitro and 450No2 are with New_guy in the Heym booth. I'll try to call them today, friday.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
David email the picture to me I will post it.
rkmojo@aol.com

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
David and Rusty,

Thanks for taking a snapshot. The email kick back is really strange as I get many large emails every day. Might try again -- mjines@reliant.com -- and see what happens.

Thanks Rusty.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike and Rusty. Picture sent.

Posts: 142 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
David,

Thanks for the picture but that is not my mount. My mount does not have the leopard pulling the bushbuck into the tree. My understanding is that my mount is in Booth 215 (Tanzania Big Game Safari and Brush Country Studios). My leopard is apparently standing over the bushbuck glaring down at the hyena. I appreciate you sending the picture though.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike !
I am in Reno now and i just got my new camera and ive taken alot of pictures of your mount (i think anyway) - i cant charge my computer on the hotel so i will just e-mail them to you when i get home...As said above it looks outstanding - i took all pictures even before i knew it was yours - congrats !

Im off now to see Craigs and Ivans elephant seminar.

Anton

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Come on guys...I keep checking back expecting to see a picture of this mount! Big Grin

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Me Too Bill...post your leopard pic it is similiar to Mike's

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
David,

Thanks for the picture but that is not my mount. My mount does not have the leopard pulling the bushbuck into the tree. My understanding is that my mount is in Booth 215 (Tanzania Big Game Safari and Brush Country Studios). My leopard is apparently standing over the bushbuck glaring down at the hyena. I appreciate you sending the picture though.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. The picture I sent was of a mound at Brush Countries booth. Apparently, they are exhibiting their work in more than one place. There was another and it think I got a picture of that one too. At least I think so. I will send it to you.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mike any pics yet???

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
I saw your mount while I was there. It is fantastic.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got home from Reno and sent your pics. Also included the one of High Country's which was so similar it had people confused. I talked to Rocky and everyone really like your mount a lot.

Joel

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Mike, I didn't see your post here before leaving - but I did see your mount at the Brush Country booth when I arrived in Reno.

It is beautifully done - really something special!

I spoke with the folks from Brush Country (super people) and complimented them on the quality of their work - especially their cats (they had another full body leopard mount there that was equally beautiful).

Congrats!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments from those that were able to take a look at the mount. Blank was able to forward me a couple of photos, so here they are:

Mike

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Very nice mount. I am sure you are eager to get it home so you can look at it often.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow......just.........Wow.

Posts: 42342 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Mike!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a fantastic display!!!

One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
Awesome mount ! Would venture a guess it was worth the wait eh ?

Africa Bug " Embrace the bite , live for adventure "
EJ Carter 2011

one of us
posted Hide Post
Way cool, very nice, awesome hardly express enough!

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mike, you better have high ceilings and a big corner... Nice very NICE thumb

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did see that mount at Reno------outstanding!

If I get leopard, I would like to do the same mount.

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Great mount!

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks, great shots! If you do not mind, email me the pictures (mjines@reliant.com).

Mike

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Are you going to put that in the office? I'll have to stop by the next time I'm on Louisiana St.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
You must think I have one helluva of an office. No, it will not be at the office -- not sure where it will be until I get a trophy room built one day.

Mike