New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great quote
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I do not know who wrote this, but for those of us who come from "peasant stock" I thought this was a great quote that I wanted to share with AR members.

I grew up blue-collar and have never strayed from my roots. Money has always been a struggle and hunting Africa is an expensive undertaking. But life keeps happening at an escalating pace until suddenly you wake up one day to discover your hair is gray and your dreams are still only dreams. So, I found a way.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That will speak for most of us posting here. Smiler

~Ann

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
quote:
That will speak for most of us posting here.

I second that!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
This 'Americo-African' blue-collar po' folks forty-something two-tripper took some good advice as a mission kid in high school. "Don't wait until you retire to go on safari. Find a way when body and eyes can take it all in / in stride before you are finally "ready to go".

The funny thing is, the high school was in Kenya (Rift Valley Academy, class of 1975)! Many could not return "home" thereafter -- hope they didn't want to hunt! It would have been truly too late.

BNagel

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
In so many ways I describe my luck in life as having exceeded my expectations. And now for the next several decades...

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote