THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: LEAST expensive but decent hunt for buffalo...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: LEAST expensive but decent hunt for buffalo...
 Login/Join

Picture of Canuck
posted
I did a pretty extensive search recently.

For two buffalo, Miombo Safaris Kilombero North concession is a pretty hard deal to beat for the price. Whether it would be a good choice for you depends what you are looking for from the hunt. A couple different agents represent Miombo.

For one buffalo, Zimbabwe is still the best deal out there. I am sure you will get a whack of good advice from other members on this board.

Cheers,

Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I WENT through the search and didn't find what I was looking for.
FOr those of us without the deep pockets, but wanting to go over and take on a buffalo hunt,
where would be the best place to go and what kind of bang do you get for the buck?
what kind of money are we talking?
Not interested in plains game, have shot enough "deer-like" critters. Have done black bear with a handgun at a distance close enough to smell the blueberrys in it's breath,
but.
a buff would be a nice change with some planning
any suggestions and recommendations would be appreciated.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
JD

Next time unfix it before you go.
You will sleep better at night, might even smile when you are sleeping

Quote:

Didn't get anything for my trouble, other than arriving in JoBurg a few hours late.

Will you book with this PH again ?

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Be prepared for a lot of private messages.

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre: On my first safari, I welded the stupid Toyota back together before we could get back to JoBurg. This is with borrowed equipment from nearby Pilanesberg Park. Didn't get anything for my trouble, other than arriving in JoBurg a few hours late.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Can you go "now", or reletively quickly? I believe we still have some left over quota in Zim. I can check if you are really serious.

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
LAWCOP

Like Chanuk posted Miombo Safaris Kilombero is not a bad pick. I spoke to PH Nigel Archer last year when he was i Denmark. Very professionel company. They are highly recomended by the, best hunting agency, Diana hunting tours in Denmark.

http://www.miombosafaris.com/html/miombo_index3.htm

In the Movies Serengeti 1 & 2 you can se American Tommy Hass hunt with Nigel Archer. Exelent movies they also show the set up they use etc.
http://www.huntersvideo.dk/index.php?partnerid=&lang=UK&pt=videos&video_id=33
The movie and a small clip enjoy. Press "Tilbage" (BACK) and then chose Serengeti � Afrikas juvel 2 there is another clip.

http://www.huntersvideo.dk/index.php?partnerid=&lang=UK&pt=videos&video_id=34

This last clip will show you PH Rainer Ellis-Josh in a buffalo charge.

http://www.huntersvideo.dk/index.php?partnerid=&lang=UK&pt=videos&video_id=26

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote