THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Tuskless cow or PAC elephant/Buffalo Combo

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tuskless cow or PAC elephant/Buffalo Combo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
Does anyone know if such a combination hunt is possible and have any suggestions as to destination and PH? I'm thinking tuskless or PAC elephant to keep the costs somewhat reasonable. I could do this hunt in 2007 if one was available. I would guess that most of these hunts are sold individually, but I hate to travel half way around the world for just one animal.

Any helpful suggestions are certainly appreciated.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2320 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Try Charlton-McCallum in Zimbabwe.

I also talked to Wendell Reich about doing a simlar hunt in Zim, so you might give him a call.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charles - I dropped them a line.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2320 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Tom - In Zimbabwe, a tuskless + buffalo might be the easiest to arrange, and chances are you could hunt both in the same area.

I'm doing a tuskless in March w/Buzz, and something like this would be an option instead of the buff. Nothing to have to ship home either. As you said, most times (excluding end of season maybe) each has a minimum number of days required by the concession owner (effectively a fixed cost), so you could end up with a 12/14/17 day hunt but could schedule for less.

Buzz/Myles have some options I am sure, but do get with them before the Dallas show as quota seems tight already for Zim in 07. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Last May I hunted Non Trophy Bull with PH Matthew Stanton.
I have also booked with him again for this April.
He offers great deals for Non Trophy and Trophy Jumbo on communal areas in Zimbabwe along with Plains Game and Leopard.
Matt also hunts some of the Safari areas but not at the same rate.
Matt can be contacted on 0011 263 11 21 33 68
his Email is zimtrackers@yahoo.com
regards,
Adam.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For PAC, you need to hunt a designated area that usually does not offer other trophies. That's the case with us (we only do leopard with PAC) but we do offer a PG add-on that makes the hunt a 14 day total @$400 per day plus your PAC success fee $3K, and PG a la carte.

In the Doma area we offer all the species incl. elephant tusked or tuskless, buffalo, leopard, sable PG etc.

TROPHY PRICES AS FOLLOWS;
Elephant Trophy USD 10000 each
Bushbuck 750
Lion Male 5000
Sable 3500
Leopard 3500
Buffalo 2500
Eland 1250
Kudu 1000
Hyena 350
Grysbok 200
Duiker 175
Bushpig 300
Warthog 400
Zebra 850
Waterbuck 1750
Tuskless elephant 2750

Hunt Scedule as follows;
Lion,Elephant,Buffalo,Leopard 14 days @ USD 700/day - include any plainsgame.
Buffalo, Sable 10 days @ USD 650/day
Leopard,Plainsgame 12 days @ USD 800/day [ We can prebait USD 175/day]
Leopard,Sable,plainsgame 12 days @ 800/day [ We can prebait ]
Sable,plainsgame 7 days @ USD 550/day
Tuskless elephant, sable 10 days @ USD 650/day
Non Hunters USD 175/day

We can also do a buff/ele hunt in Dande North but the prices are higher.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote