THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Boris Johnson intends to ban trophy imports into the U.K.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boris Johnson intends to ban trophy imports into the U.K.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw a video clip posted on a hunting group on Facebook of Boris Johnson answering a question from a member in parliament today on what he intends to do about trophy hunting and he said “We intend to ban the import of trophies from elsewhere into the U.K.”. So it sounds like he is going ahead with this even though the consultation is still going on. Is there enough opposition in his own party to stop this?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is because the bloody bimbo he is shagging hates hunters!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68644 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Idiocy.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13616 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once they had an Empire with the worlds greatest hunting grounds.. Confused

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
Once they had an Empire with the worlds greatest hunting grounds.. Confused

Once the English were known for their bravery and honesty!

They were known as gentlemen.

Not anymore!

Every little dickhead has a brainless bimbo to lead him by the balls.

Those who cannot find one at home, import one from Hollywood!

Posts: 68644 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Extending the DEFRA consultation period by a month.... So they can get the paperwork in place for the ban before they fudge that too.....
l received an email last night from my MP, who has obviously had the party whip drawn across his hide already.

l'm not an englishman, l have my own issues with the uk and refuse where possible to be bound to the eu,
l'm a Yorkshireman first and foremost...

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
It is because the bloody bimbo he is shagging hates hunters!

He is only a Kid of Trump

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.theguardian.com/en...or-uk-import-ban-aoe

Ranulph Fiennes labels trophy hunters 'bullying bastards' and calls for UK import ban.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9481 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When only a small minority of your citizens have the opportunity to participate in hunting and shooting sports, it really doesn’t matter to them. Don’t blame the bimbos. More citizens have a better chance of hooking up with a bimbo and getting a chance to go hunting or shooting. Not nearly as crazy when you think about it. Glad I live in a country where is in those guns are still readily available

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
If Brexit is anything to go by the intended ban will not happen.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slim buttes:
When only a small minority of your citizens have the opportunity to participate in hunting and shooting sports, it really doesn’t matter to them. Don’t blame the bimbos. More citizens have a better chance of hooking up with a bimbo and getting a chance to go hunting or shooting. Not nearly as crazy when you think about it. Glad I live in a country where is in those guns are still readily available

Quite a bit of truth there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37757 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My response was a little garbled, I apologize. I was on my phone and relied on auto correct too much apparently. I am all in on the conservation aspects of hunting and the more importantly the enjoyment of hunting. It's easy to blame a "bimbo" but I think one needs to think a little harder.

Hunt and enjoy while you can, even better take someone who has never gone hunting to understand why you go.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
He can't help it. He is a blond.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16628 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Once Brexit is over and done, and Boris and the Bimbo gone maybe things will improve.

If not, relocate!

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:
Once Brexit is over and done, and Boris and the Bimbo gone maybe things will improve.

If not, relocate!

This is 2020. Nothing shooting or hunting related ever improves. It just gets worse. Sometimes only a little worse. Sometimes a whole lot worse.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Overland:
quote:

If not, relocate!

This is 2020. Nothing shooting or hunting related ever improves. It just gets worse. Sometimes only a little worse. Sometimes a whole lot worse.

True story. Frowner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37757 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Overland:
quote:

If not, relocate!

Dunno I see a lot more women involved in hunting in the USA. Botswana open up hunting etc

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With all the history of British professional hunters this is such bullshit. Nothing like telling the hunting industries a big F*ck You.

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul C:
With all the history of British professional hunters this is such bullshit. Nothing like telling the hunting industries a big F*ck You.

They have been telling all normal humans this for years!

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Maybe those with such strong anti-hunting views (country and/or individuals) should receive a “conservation tax” on goods, imports, arrival visas, etc,; a kind of VAT but lets call it a CAT (conservation added tax)

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will never understand the British decline over the past 150 years from virile manhood to servile victimhood.

I truly do find it disheartening, and even at times sickening.

What worries me as much, if not more, is that America seems more and more to be following suit.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When wildlife has no value, there will be no value to protecting it.

The UK ban will only hasten the demise of threatened animals in Africa. The locals will eat regardless of the ban and if the animals are no longer generating income for them, they are nothing more than a four legged grocery store.

Another politically correct decision with devastating consequences.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
I will never understand the British decline over the past 150 years from virile manhood to servile victimhood.

What worries me as much, if not more, is that America seems more and more to be following suit.

Its called political correctness mate.

Can't call a spade a spade anymore which is really difficult when you are gardening.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup - born in Malawi, I was the dragged kicking and screaming as boy from the Rhodesian bush to England in the mid 1970's.

I did spend quite a bit of the late 1980's and early 1990's in Zimbabwe and Zambia but moved to Scotland 20 odd years ago

I thought the UK was a reasonably civilised place with good rule of law and and fairness to all.

The UK is now a one party dictatorship - feels rather like the rest of the Commonwealth. But it is a Democratic process. Our great leader https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Cummings did spend a lot of time in Russia in the 1990's like many other commonwealth leaders.

And as for Trophy Hunting it's just a ban on imports, its a ban on exports as well. Its a ban on any material taken from an animal or bird you have shot - so shoot a duck, make a fishing fly from a feather from that duck and no you cannot bring it into the UK, nor indeed take it away.

Please can you all complete the survey and send your views to:

https://consult.defra.gov.uk/w...unting-consultation/

Posts: 985 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:

Its called political correctness mate.

Can't call a spade a spade anymore which is really difficult when you are gardening.

Agreed there, Andrew. Big part of all of our problems.

I miss Margaret Thatcher.

Mike

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
rotflmo

I second that!

………………………………………...……………… old MacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ban Boris and his skank ,and Politicians who supported this , from Entering any country in Africa ,Canada ,U.S etc that formerly exported Trophies to the UK.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robertcat:
Ban Boris and his skank ,and Politicians who supported this , from Entering any country in Africa ,Canada ,U.S etc that formerly exported Trophies to the UK.

I would go even further.

Ban those stupid "vegan" extremists from buying anything remotely relevant from animals.

Ban the stupid environmentalist extremists from using anything that uses fossil fuel.

Let us see how they like that.

The Bimbo brain washed Prince Harry is screaming his head off about what we love.

Travel and hunt.

He travels on private jets, yesterday he booked a whole First Class train carriage to travel in - by himself!

If we gave them back half what we get from them, all this bullshit will stop!

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?...69&dir=2020/march/02

Botswana explains trophy hunting decision to UK's Rural Affairs

CORRESPONDENT Monday, March 02, 2020

Response to the United Kingdom’s department for environment, food and rural affairs call for evidence on the scale and impact of trophy hunting import and exports into the United Kingdom
I wish to convey fraternal greetings to you and the people of the United Kingdom.

I have the honour to refer to the issue of the call for evidence on the scale and impacts on the import and export of hunting trophies into the United Kingdom. Botswana attaches great importance to the existing cordial relations and solidarity between our two countries. It is this spirit that I found it imperative to raise our discomfort on how the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) of the United Kingdom is handling this matter.

It is Botswana’s considered view that any measures that would impose restrictions or ban the import of hunting trophies into the United Kingdom (UK) should take into account the interests of those most affected by the proposed ban of hunting trophies. It is also our hope that the consultative process should be all-inclusive and involve those most affected by the proposed ban of hunting trophies into the UK. Accordingly, it is vital that DEFRA’s position on this matter, should be based on the best available scientific evidence and information. The Botswana Government stands ready to provide DEFRA with significant and accurate evidence, demonstrating the importance of hunting as a conservation strategy. The Botswana Government’s commitment to manage and conserve its wildlife and provide livelihood support benefits to impoverished communities remains very strong.

We can only hope that the Government of United Kingdom has not already taken a position to ban the import of hunting trophies into the UK, given that the call for evidence was intended to end on 25 February 2020.

It should be recalled that on 23 May 2019, a Presidential Sub-Committee of Cabinet decided that Botswana should lift the 2014 temporary hunting moratorium. This decision was taken following a nationwide, democratic and consultation with the affected stakeholders. Among the Sub-committee’s numerous finding were:

i. The number and high levels of human-elephant conflict and the consequent impact on livelihoods was increasing;

ii. Predators appear to have increased and were causing a lot of damage as they kill livestock in large numbers;

iii. There is a negative impact of the hunting suspension on livelihoods, particularly for community-based organisations that

were previously benefitting from consumptive utilisation; and
iv. The general consensus from those consulted was that the hunting ban should be lifted.

It should therefore be appreciated that Botswana would be one of the most significantly affected stakeholders if a hunting trophy import ban was implemented. Botswana currently has a minimum elephant population of 130,000 with a carrying capacity of 50,000. It is apparent that management decisions must be considered. Controlled hunting is a tolerance building mechanism for communities in marginal lands living amongst destructive wildlife such as elephants. Communities were stripped of livelihood benefits including cash, infrastructure and game meat following the hunting moratorium.

The lack of benefits to communities following the moratorium resulted in a documented, decrease in tolerance towards elephant. The announcement to lift the moratorium was a welcome development by affected communities. Communities and wildlife were the losers when the hunting moratorium was implemented. Given that our rural communities have limited internet access, the Government of Botswana believes DEFRA officials should have travelled to Botswana in order to properly consult the communities that would be affected by a hunting trophy import ban.

Botswana seeks to maximise its natural resources for the benefit of wildlife conservation and community livelihoods. It should be noted that controlled hunting is in accordance with various Botswana governmental policies including the Botswana Vision 2036 and the Botswana Wildlife Policy of 2013. We have developed a scientific and sustainable hunting framework that, based on the best available scientific evidence, will be found to be not only non-detrimental to the survival of hunted species, but also enhance the survival of hunted species in the wild. Given that Botswana is renowned for her sound wildlife management practices, the decision to re-implement a controlled hunting programme should be welcomed by foreign governments. Therefore, it is incomprehensible that the UK would seek to undermine our conservation strategy.

We would therefore greatly appreciate the continued support of the United Kingdom in the execution of Botswana’s conservation strategy and thus provide benefits to our communities unhindered.

Please accept, Right Honourable, the renewed assurances of my highest consideration and esteem.

Philda N. Kereng

MINISTER OF ENVIRONMENT, NATURAL RESOURCES CONSERVATION AND TOURISM

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9481 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote