New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Friends Lost In 2015
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wanted to start a thread honoring those that we've lost in 2015.
Maybe tell a little something special about each of them.

Joof Lamprecht was my 1st ph & I learned an awful lot from him. He willingly shared his knowledge of the land and all that lived there. His sundowner stories were always funny & he treated my wife & I like he truly enjoyed our company. I know we enjoyed his.
I respected Joof very much, but he just didn't understand American politics & quite frankly neither do I.
With all the stupid bs going on here, he would say "You MUST go back & tell them to stop doing what they are doing". Of course he had the president of Namibia's cell number in his cell
phone & invited him to his Christmas party every year. I doubt the local dog catcher would accept a call from me unless he thought I wanted to donate to his re-election campaign.
He was one of those people who was supposed to live forever. I will surely miss him.

Mike Streetman: RIP my friend
We met Mike in the hotel breakfast room during the DSC conv. in 2010. Every table was taken & Mike had a table to himself so I ask if we could join him. He very graciously said yes.
We started talking about Africa and where we had hunted and he ask what I was looking for at the conv. I wanted a cape buffalo & he hooked me up with Zambezi hunters.
The morning we were to catch our plane out, Mike called to wish us well.
We got to visit with Mike & Melissa in San Antonio over a meal and then were invited to their home.
Always looked Mike up at DSC to visit a while.
Always a gentleman. He will be missed.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...651012211#7651012211

Sam Pancotto passed away in October. A self made man who started his business with a stake bed pick up truck after WW II.He became so successful he was able to hunt all over the world with his wife Rose and their children. Elephants in Kenya, tigers in India, Jaguar in British Honduras, all the North American big game.A really great friend and generous man.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9498 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ian "Gibbo" Gibson. Taken way too early.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adelino Serras Pires

Responsible for putting Mozambique hunting on the map during its greatest era. Gave me inspiration to want to learn more about and ultimately hunt in Mozambique.

Posts: 1924 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I lost three friends this year: Adelino Serras Pires, Don Heath, and Robert V. "Boris" Baird.

Although not as well known in the international hunting community as Adelino and Don,"Boris" was a U.S. Air Force colonel who flew many dangerous missions over southeast Asia.

We shared many great hunts but I did not know until after his death from prostate cancer that he had been shot down twice in Vietnam.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lost also:

Jim Strelioff - gunsmith, hunter and friend out of Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada.

Bevan King - barrel maker & gunsmith extraordinare out of Pouce Coupe, BC, Canada.

Posts: 78 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 28 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vasa:
Lost also:

Jim Strelioff - gunsmith, hunter and friend out of Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada.

Bevan King - barrel maker & gunsmith extraordinare out of Pouce Coupe, BC, Canada.

Vasa,

thank you very much to bring Jim`s spirit over here.

Phil

Posts: 1876 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi all

2 zambian ph`s passed away this year. Alistair Gellatly in april after not being in the best of health for a while, and unfortunately his brother Rory Gellatly who unexpectedly passed away recently.

Posts: 81 | Location: uk and zambia | Registered: 27 December 2015Reply With Quote