THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Africa heating up, be careful out there.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa heating up, be careful out there.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I wonder if anything is going to be left of the continent by 2008 when I get there?

Ethiopia prepared to invade Somalia

By LES NEUHAUS, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 36 minutes ago

NAIROBI, Kenya - Ethiopia is prepared to invade neighboring Somalia to defend its U.N.-backed government against what appeared to be an imminent attack by Islamic militiamen, a government spokesman said Wednesday.

The militiamen, who hold most of southern Somalia, deployed hundreds of fighters outside the town where the largely powerless government is based and said they planned to seize it.

"We have the responsibility to defend the border and the Somali government. We will crush them," Ethiopia's Minister of Information, Berhan Hailu, told The Associated Press.

Seizing the town of Baidoa would give the Islamic militia — which the United States has linked to al-Qaida — the uncontested authority over most of Somalia.

Somali transitional President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed is allied with Ethiopia, and has asked for its support. Ethiopia has intervened militarily in Somalia in the past, and hundreds of Ethiopian troops have been spotted along the countries' border in recent weeks.

The Somali Islamist militants are allied with Muslim separatists in the Oromo region of Ethiopia.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

Ethiopia prepared to invade Somalia

Where is Koffi Annan? He has all the answers. Razzer

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
500 grains, I do believe that Koffi is having coffee with his son to discuss what their percentages will be in what ever aid can be extorted from the west in the interests of peace and prosperity for all. Perhaps I am either mistaken, or maybe a little bit jaded by time, surely not wisdom.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BOOMThey are also discussing how to DISARMMadall the USA's good citizens! mgun

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Lets see... we post signs in all of the southern and midwestern states saying:
Invade Somalia!
Season just opened on Muslim militiamen.
No bag limit.
They taste like chicken.
They hate NASCAR.

Should take care of the problem. salute

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just finished the book " Shake hands with the Devil" on the genocide in Rwanda. Principal cause.. Koffi do nothing....except send another person to file a report and advise.

For those who wonder how Africa survives despite our leaders I recomend Romeo Dellairs book.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Fjold

There were three to four wars ongoing inside Ethiopia when I was a kid there. Never heard a shot fired myself (although that was mostly timimg, as not all others can say the same). Still have the same scenario thirty + years later, just different players. Stick with your PH of choice and run anxieties through him and your outfitter / US agent. You will be happy you went ANYHOW. You'll find a safe hunt somewhere.

Nice avatar, BTW. Stick with game in Africa, though, not two-legged "VARMNT"s. As long as they want our hard currency and the desire for doing good business remains strong, you have many allies in your quest.

:-)

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Much better that Ethiopia invades Somalia than vice versa Wink

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:
Fjold

There were three to four wars ongoing inside Ethiopia when I was a kid there. Never heard a shot fired myself (although that was mostly timimg, as not all others can say the same). Still have the same scenario thirty + years later, just different players. Stick with your PH of choice and run anxieties through him and your outfitter / US agent. You will be happy you went ANYHOW. You'll find a safe hunt somewhere.

Nice avatar, BTW. Stick with game in Africa, though, not two-legged "VARMNT"s. As long as they want our hard currency and the desire for doing good business remains strong, you have many allies in your quest.
:-)

I spent a night with the mattress off my bed stacked against the French doors on the patio of my hotel room as the car bombs went off in the streets of Karachi, Pakistan, so I don't like countries in civil unrest.

The new Avatar is actually the license plate of my truck.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Fjold

Hard to put something like that aside, for sure.
Stay away from shooting wars, I'm with you all the way.

Won't say I didn't notice the old avatar -- something from The Learning Channel it sppeared under some scrutiny.

Nice plate(s)? Do you have to have two in CA?

Cheers

B

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BNagel:
Nice plate(s)? Do you have to have two in CA?

Cheers

B

Yep, front and back.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Fjord:

I want the old avatar back!

killpc

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
His old avatar was too distracting, I kept forgetting what I came to the site for Wink

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are just going in to take care of that Islamic Courts bunch. Ethopia has done it a couple of times before.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote