New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest Toy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got this 3rd hand from a dealer in MO who bought it at a guns show in KS. I watched the price drop from $1450 to 975 and had to pick it up. It's a FN action, 416 Rem with 4 leaf express rear sight on a quarter rib and a silver bead front ramp, Drop belly mag, fiberglass stock, 3 position Model 70 style safety. For the money I think it was a steal, it's been hunted with for sure but a reblue and a wood stock and it could be a real beauty. Shot it already and it feeds fine, trigger is nice. Also has what I think are talley QR rings and bases. I figure the sum of the parts is way more than I paid.

Posts: 1473 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dude, you don't need help in finding good deals but probably need help as far as your pics.

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
It looks like you fixed the glitch. Too bad it is in that synthetic black stock. I bet you could find a good use for it after a while. Maybe shoot it a bit.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Frankly I have nothing against a good fiberglass stock. I shot it 20 rounds today and it fits nicely and handles recoil well. I just figured it would look nice with a wood stock of the same dimensions. I have always liked the curves that a drop belly floorplate puts into a wood stock.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kev,
you got a heck of a deal, the quarter rib will cost near that much...

I have a pattern stock for that rifle and lent it to Jim Brockman so he has the pattern if your interrested.....

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of urdubob
posted Hide Post
you got a deal...he has it listed on his web site for 1150.00

Posts: 945 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Extremely good buy. Congratulations!

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote