New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 H&H
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I suppose I could look this up but it's easier to post here. Does the 300 H&H require a long action, ie; a 375 H&H action, or will a 300 win Mag action work? I'm considering rebarrelling a rifle and need to know which would work. I am intregued with this round and I'm not really sure why, but I'd like to have one.

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
FYI, the .300H&H and .375H&H cases are the same length.

Some actions are .375H&H-length even though they are chambered in the shorter .300WinMag.

A recently manufactured 'pre-'64-style Win. Model 70 or Remington 700 is long enough for the conversion, but the magazine box will have to be changed out or modified.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George
Thanks for the information.

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 300 H&H are both long actions, 375 length.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
A recently manufactured 'pre-'64-style Win. Model 70 or Remington 700 is long enough for the conversion, but the magazine box will have to be changed out or modified.
George

Also tru for the various Sako models with magnum boltheads.

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote