THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    ZIM-Wounded buffalo terrorizes residents

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ZIM-Wounded buffalo terrorizes residents
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Zimbabwe: Wounded Buffalo Terrorizes Residents

The Zimbabwe Guardian (London)

29 April 2008
Posted to the web 29 April 2008

Dyke Sithole

A WOUNDED buffalo is reportedly terrorizing residents of West Nicholson in Matabeleland South Province and only last week, a man escaped death by a whisker after the beast nearly gored him.

The buffalo, which is menacing at night, almost trampled George Ncube to death while he was coming from a beer drink.

"I was walking along a footpath when I suddenly heard a strange sound," said Ncube.

"I stopped to investigate the source of the sound, but by that time the buffalo was already advancing towards me. I fled towards a homestead where there was light and the animal retreated."

Last week, the beast suspected to have a cable wire deeply embedded in one of its legs also chased two other residents driving fear into the hearts of many people in the area.

Wounded game continues to cause havoc mostly in areas along the Zambezi valley such as Kariba, Gokwe and Hwange.

Last month an elephant in Gokwe killed a woman who was working in the fields.

A suspected wounded elephant also fatally gored Joseph Mvurayehore near Nyamhunga Township in Kariba.

A bullet from a heavy caliber rifle was found lodged inside the elephant after it was finally put down by National Parks Authorities. Most people in the effected areas have grown impatient and have called on the responsible authorities to cull problem animals.

Three years ago, Chief Dingani Nelukova of Hwange threatened to poison a pride of lions he said was devouring his cattle and those of his villagers in the area.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9409 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote