New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Brace of 50"+ Kudu
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A big Kudu bull is a fine trophy and reason for celebration in any hunting camp. While hunting birds in the NW Province of SA this last season, we saw a number of good Kudu and witnessed a remarkable event: two local hunters each took a Kudu bull within 500 yards and 30 minutes of each other. These two bulls were estimated to be in the 54" range, one perhaps a little bigger than the other. Both taken with the same 375H&H rifle shooting solids (the guys were supposed to be hunting Steenbok of all things when they ran into these two bruiser.)The next day, in the same general area, we saw 7 kudu including another pair of very good bulls. And these are free-ranging Kudu, not high-fenced animals.

We liked the idea of free-ranging PG so much that we are offering our bird hunters the option of taking a couple of days next season to hunt PG. We'll rotate so everyone in the group gets a chance, if they want it.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very nice kudu. Always a pleasure to see good bulls like these.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They seem to run in pairs where I was hunting in Kwazulu-Natal. We could have shot doubles just about every day we were there.

In Zimbabwe I always saw single bulls.

Posts: 13860 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I still think they are one of the most beautiful African trophies a hunter can take. Both are beautiful.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote