Find
Notify
Tools

getting closer 38 days to Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
really getting excited

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean, 19 days for me...

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you guys just remember you can buy depends at the local grocery store if you get to excited Big Grin popcorn Wink

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
I have 16 days! I'm pretty excited, but my dad has lost it. He has literally been packed for 3 months.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
All of my stuff is on the dining room table...

On top of that, my new Heym 450/400 is supposed to be available for me to pick up Wednesday!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
6 days and I am on my way.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Rub a little more salt in the wounds would ya?! Sure wish I was headed over this year! Good luck to everyone!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm already looking forward the hunting reports when you all return. I can not go this year, so I'll have to daydream reading your stories. Good luck.

Posts: 30 | Location: Coeur d Alene, Idaho | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
7 days for me and it Namibia bound. banana

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
148 days until Tanzania, however for a warm up I will hunt nilgai in South Texas this weekend.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, we would like in progress hunt reports if at all possible! Full reports upon your return, please.

I'm kicking the tires on possible PG hunts next year and am a Namibia sponge right now.

Posts: 182 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 12 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike O':
I'm kicking the tires on possible PG hunts next year and am a Namibia sponge right now.

Two operators that get good press here are Vaughan Fulton and Karl Stumpfe. Wendell Reich books for Vaughan and Karl books for himself. I'm going with Vaughan next year for elephant and plains game but would also seriously consider going with Karl. Both guys are very good.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Hope y'all have a reall good hunt!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
I plan on posting a full report with lots of pictures...

One of Us
Picture of JohnCrighton
posted Hide Post
35 days for me!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 555 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 09 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Going to Namibia in June or July 2009!!! My second trip, my wife's first. Hunting again at Keerweder Safaris, with Brian and Ina Miller, their daughter Ismarie and son-in-law Bennie Buekes have joined them.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Down to 65 hours and 12 minutes and I am off!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry so you rember this is what they look like Cool

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mustbhuntn
posted Hide Post
11 weeks from today and it's off to the kalahari for a lioness and some other stuff. banana

Posts: 322 | Location: Green Forest, Arkansas | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks RM007, just what I am looking for. All the cams are packed along with everything else so should be good to go. I'll keep you posted from onsight as things progres and give your regards to Stevie and Reinhard.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by RM007:
Larry so you rember this is what they look like Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plan to leave the USA on August 20th and return September 12th, 2008. Still 17 weeks away. But plan every day for the the new adventure.

Going with Bowker Safari, hunting out of Grahamstown, East Cape.

Third safari with Denham Bowker and still excited.

My wife who never shot an animal bigger than a dove accommpanied me last year, Aug./Sept.2007, missed her first two shots, then killed six plains animals in a row, each with one shot, some out to 200 yards. Then missed one and shot two more with one shot each.

Since then I have learned to behave much better.

Posts: 120 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
58 more days until my wife and I head to Omalanga Safaris in Namibia. She's hoping to take a better Kudu and Oryx than I took last time and I'm looking for a leopard.

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 251 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
I am off to Namibia with my wife and two children this July 21st! Every weekend involves some thing to do with getting ready for the trip. Today I traveled to Tucson to meet with Bud Weller to look at his Taxidermy work. Tomorrow morning I will be practicing offhand, hiking and perfecting the loads for my sons 7MM-08.

Good hunting to you all!!!
Will

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's like T- countdown for me. May 11 Namibia. I'm already packed wave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
27 hours and counting!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
7 days,12hours and25mns for my second trip to cameroon. hope to post the trip asap. happy hunting to you all dancing

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote