New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some new boots?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
No, this isn't a Courtney/Russells/sneakers thread....
I went into my local farm suppliers the other day (I'm not a farmer, but they do good deals on lots of outdoor clothing, and great cookies!)
and saw a great boot for the bush or any hot, dry climate.
They are made by www.bootznz.com and are basically a traditional desert boot - ankle cut, suede/rough out leather and commando sole.
The thing that will appeal to many people is that they have a leather insole, not synthetic, and are made in the traditional style. (The leather insole is one of the features I like about Courtneys - seem to keep feet fresher).
They have quite a stiff sole, and are boots for hilly or more rocky country - not a replacement for a soft stalking boot, but good for country that is a bit too rough for them.
For the traditionalist they also do leather soles with choice of hob nails! Pith helmet and long puttees to complete the look?!

(I don't get any sort of kickback/not connected to this,and I haven't bought any yet so can't comment further. Boots are a personal thing but they might appeal to some of you..)
cheers

Posts: 120 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 28 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bullterrier,

Which of the styles are you reccommending? I didn't see a boot that seemed to fit your description on the website.

I also like the courteney boots and have several pair. I like footwear made of traditional materials and using time honored craftsmanship and the Frames seem to fit in that category. Thanks, Adrian

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are in the farming section - the Farmer and the Tussock with the nailed soles.
I like that tradional/natural material feel too.
cheers

Posts: 120 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 28 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
I really like Courtney boots. I do like the "natural" look and feel of boots. Those you have provided a link to look pretty decent.
Thanks for posting.
Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They look like logger boots.

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wore these in Africa and frankly wear them all year round here except in deep Snow or extreme cold. The most comfortable shoes/boots I've ever owned form a guy with bad knees and feet.

http://www.eccocanada.com/track-ii-1.html

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote