Find
Notify
Tools

Preparations Under Way
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We leave to Tanzania in just over two weeks.

We have managed to get hold of a sattelite modem, which we are hoping to use to give you all daily reports from the field.

We took a sattelite modem with us once before, but, Walter managed to kill it somehow.

Today we managed to lock him up in the shooting tunnel, while the engineer was showing us how to use the modem. We set up a password on the computer, so Walter will not be able to cause any damage.

As you might imagine, none of us here is in Walter's good books right now.

The modem is a Thuraya 144Kb/s DSL model. We tried it this afternoon, and everything worked without a hitch.

If everything works to plans, we will be able to post details and photos every day.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Excellent! I look forward to the reports.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Excellent idea - you'll have a bunch of us anxiously waiting for the daily reports. Canuck did such a great job last year relaying reports - I'll miss his take on things.

Daily reports with photos and Walter's antics - can't wait!!!!

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For Saeed! clap

Good show old chap!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Luck!

Ahmed

Posts: 214 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We leave to Tanzania in just over two weeks.

We have managed to get hold of a sattelite modem, which we are hoping to use to give you all daily reports from the field.

We took a sattelite modem with us once before, but, Walter managed to kill it somehow.

Today we managed to lock him up in the shooting tunnel, while the engineer was showing us how to use the modem. We set up a password on the computer, so Walter will not be able to cause any damage.

As you might imagine, none of us here is in Walter's good books right now.

The modem is a Thuraya 144Kb/s DSL model. We tried it this afternoon, and everything worked without a hitch.

If everything works to plans, we will be able to post details and photos every day.

Hello Saeed

That sounds like you have the technology under control /// the only problem is the human factor as you point out.

If you have tooooo much trouble with WALTER send him to us in SA we will put him in the mountains for a week or two where he belongs, that man is dangerious it seems and we need to put him in solitary for a while to bring him back in line ///

Another idea ///

Have you ever thought of [ MicroChipping Walter ] like they do to Rhino, then you can trace his whereabouts day amd night Big Grin

Take care and have fun

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
It seems the "witch doctor" is out of his element with modern technology. And remember Saeed, leave me something to shoot at. I'm 5 weeks behind you (21 Sept).
Dave thumb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Saeed,

Good luck on your latest adventure!! I just finished watching the four DVD's from the last outing.......

Can we count on Walter topping his "Witch Doctor Ceremony"?!?

Good Hunting,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Weidmann's Heil! Good Luck and Good Hunting! Shika Nkia! Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Just fasten the modem to whatever animal Walter is trying to shoot. It will be perfectly safe that way!!!!

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Ha, stuff the internet, I will be hunting buffalo.

The sattelite comms do sound good though.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Finally! Some interesting threads about to happen! It's about time! thumb

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just because stuff breaks around walter all the time, doesn't mean its his fault. Somethimes it just follows a person around. Send him with me next time & between us I'll bet everything mechanical or electrical will fail

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

We had one of those but some one managed to kill it too. We don't have any Walter's but plenty of Tadese's and Haile's.
Big Grin
Anyway, good luck with it and everything else!

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Which reminds me, CHECK YOUR EMAIL, I am going bonkers over here with the taxidermy/importers/hunters and Fish and Game..Got my horse tied out back so I can make a get away!! jump sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Ol' bean, I know you can handle any situation concerning the un-named individual. I also know that you'll enjoy yourself immensely with or without the company involved. Have a great hunt, wish I was there.

clap clap wave

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Walter saw some of the complaints about South African Airlines leg room, so he asked me to post this photo here.

Me and Walter were sitting in the two front seats ahead of Horst and Nelson!

I have never seen so much leg room before - Horst said they must have removed the seat in between because Walter broke it the year before!!

It could be true, as he seems to have some problem or other on every flight we take!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
Saeed,
Do you need an honorary gun-bearer? If so here I am and all I require is airfare and and a rusk a day! beer
Wishing you all the best on the upcoming adventure.

Cheers,