New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indian gun sites
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just received the following links from a friend in India and thought I'd post them here for members who may be interested in knowing about the shooting scene in India. Some of the biggest Indian gun shops are not listed but the ones here are at least to be commended for taking the "modern" approach of putting up their own websites. The prices of guns sold there, however, my range from high to very high by Western standards and a lot of bargaining may be in order.

http://www.ranchigunhouse.com/
http://www.gunaccessory.com/ believe it or not, an Indian gun auctions site like a very miniature gunbroker or auctionarms

www.curioushouse.com India's oldest gunmaker still in existence and a supplier of muzzle loaders to several Hollywood companies for films. They are also fine people whom I don't know but have had extensive communication with on e-mail as well as a number of catalogues of their products in my mailbox for someone who may be interested in guns that are not listed on their site.

That said, I don't have any commercial link whatsoever with any of the companies here and came to know of the first two only ten minutes ago.

Good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Fascinatin'! Whoever'd ha'thought that Inja would still have so diverse a firearms trade? Just goes t'show how little attention our local media pays to the rest of the world . . . really! I could easily see startin' to dicker over any of those .500 BP Express hammer guns since m'collector's license covers such things. Good show! However, if I buy guns, I can't afford to go huntin'. Decisions, decisions, decisions . . . Hmmpf!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oldsarge,

May you buy all the guns you want and may you go hunting with them without having to bother about the costs!

There are few things that are as pleasant to hear as an old English accent - my thanks to you for putting one in print on these forums. It reminds me of the old days in India when many Brits stayed over well after indpendence and we could hear their voices at the clubs whenever we went there for lunch or dinner.

Good hunting!

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I was looking at the pictures. It's In A Mall!!!!!!

I love it!

Just think of the fit the libs would pitch if you put a gunroom in the local 'burb mall between Victoria's Secret and the Gap!!!!

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duckear,

I visited the Scheel's sporting goods store in Appleton, Wisconsin, and it, too is in a Mall right alongside the lingerie and shoe stores and a few shops away from the Marshall Field's store. It was pleasant for me, as an Indian, to see that the Sunday crowd there was like at a carnival...

I agree with you that this sight should be more familiar - it would warm gun lovers' hearts if it were more common. I wish it will be someday!

Good hunting!