THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Best Mauser Action for a .404 custom?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best Mauser Action for a .404 custom?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sounds like a pretty good plan.
I definitely want the M70 safety and a custom stock.
I've seen the Brockman site but now I may revisit with the CZ in mind.
Walter gave me some good options as well.
Thanks again.

Posts: 190 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am currently haviong a .404 Jeffery built on a 1909 dwm and making sure my smith recarbourizes and heat treats it. It is the more expensive way to get a .404 as you feel compelled to give it the full treatment...which means$$. I reckon it is the classic way to go at any rate.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andr�,

Do you know the price of the DWM action in the Era catalogue? I've been looking at that for a while now but the only way to get prices is through a dealer, and I don't want to go there just yet.
Just wondering if you knew.

- Stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Brockman 208-934-5050 can sure tune one up for you...He works on a lot of CZs...Have him stock it, M-70 saftey, Talley conversion peep sight and scope QD mounts..Makes a nice gun..

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Nick

Is the DWM not from Berlin ?

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was trying to do this for around $2000 but I don't think thats possible. If I wait for the CZs at Ray suggests I can use the balance from the purchase price to really tune it up.

Posts: 190 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Military - Assuming comparable condition:

1. DWM - Obendorf
2. Bruno VZ24
3. DWM
4. Gew98 - Oberndorf
5. Brazilian made M98

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr Atkinson.

I think the waiting for CZ to put one out is the most prudent option.
Especially to my wallet.

I always loved the idea of putting a custom rifle together from scratch but my smithing abilities are next to none.
I think I will wait.
Thanks for the feedback