New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: SAPS 520
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those that have had to grind through the paperwork, I have a question on the SAPS 520 import application form.

Section F of the form is titled "PARTICULARS OF THE CURRENT OWNER OF THE FIREARM(S)." In that section, it calls for information on:

"NATURAL PERSON’S DETAILS"

"JURISTIC PERSON’S DETAILS"

and

"RESPONSIBLE PERSON’S DETAILS"

Can somebody decode these for me?

Thanks,
Doug

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Do not fill in Section F

The following from PHASA's website:

Please note that not all sections of the form apply. Visitors bringing their own firearms in for hunting purposes should concentrate on filling in the following:
Section D – (temporary import or export permit)
Section E – 1 – 25.4
Section G
Section I – (Must fill in all details requested)
Section J - (remember do not sign until in front of police officer at firearm office)

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry!

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried looking up "juristic person." No dictionary I can access can help. Perhaps the SAP has invented a word?

As it was explained to me, the "natural person" is the person for whom the permit would be issued in most cases. The juristic person would be the natural person's legal representative, should the natural person not be able to read or speak any known language and be in need of such help. The responsible person would be the person who is responsible for the natural person, should such a person be necessary. I hope this is all as clear now to everyone as it is to me. Please refrain from naming me as either your juristic person or your responsible person. My wife says that some of my inclinations are not natural, so I might not even qualify in that category.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote