THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Some cockroaches make excellent pets

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some cockroaches make excellent pets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
We all the know the Big Five, sometimes called the Big Six, but how many of us know the Big Twelve? I got a kick out the following South African web site devoted to the bigger insectisoidal critters we have all come to know and love. The comment that "some cockroaches make excellent pets" caught my eye. The mopane worm recipe is one you will be sure to pass on to your wives and daughters.

http://www.nfi.org.za/inverts/BIG12/big12page.html

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
Which reminds me - When I was in the Selous there was an insect which looked similar to a beetle - only the body was about 3 inches long and had mandibles another 1 1/2 inches long, black. The tent boy stomped it with his flip-flop covered foot, which seemed only to mildly bother the bug, so I got him with my size 10 boot. Anyone have any idea what Rodan's offspring are? Big Grin

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
If it looked sort of like this than I think it is a type of rhinoceros beetle. But I'm not a good source of information on the scientific side of insects.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote