THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Good news for travellers to and from RSA

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for travellers to and from RSA
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted
Johannesburg – Parents can breathe a sigh of relief after the Department of Home Affairs announced on Thursday it is amending its controversial rule that makes it a requirement for parents to have their minor children's unabridged birth certificates available before they can travel.

Mkuseli Apleni, the department's director general, said the regulations were being reviewed and amended.

The amended law would stipulate that parents' details would be printed in the minor's passport, meaning they would not have to carry birth certificates.

“Home affairs is working jointly with the national department of tourism to ensure the regulations are amended accordingly," he said.

The tourism department had previously argued that the unabridged birth certificate visa regulation that came into effect last year had hurt the industry.

Apleni said the department was working hard to implement the amended rule and that Home Affairs Minister Malusi Gigaba was happy the matter was being handled in collaboration with stakeholders

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
Hi Jaco,

That is good news. Do you know what the situation is with minors travelling with people that are not their biological parents e.g. grandparents travelling with their grand kids?

Can you direct me to a website or alternative source?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 855 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTroskie:
Hi Jaco,

Many thanks,

Maybe you can get the quickest reply from the Gupta family in Saxonwold? Big Grin

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTroskie:
Hi Jaco,

That is good news. Do you know what the situation is with minors travelling with people that are not their biological parents e.g. grandparents travelling with their grand kids?

Many thanks,

Chris I got this on news 24, I think the best would to contact (if they answer their phones) home affairs, that may be a difficult task Big Grin I have a friend who is in the travelling business, I will try and find out.

Do a google search for home affairs,it might be on their website, but that will be the old information. Not sure if they will change the regulations around it or minors travelling on their own.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote