New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Hunter magazine?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone else stop receiving their subscription? Signed up last fall for it, received the Sept/Oct issue, haven't received another since. So far three emails have gone unanswered.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
My September-October issue arrived last week.
The expanded content and format are very nice.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got mine as well. It had been a while; glad to see this one. They talk about some issues with mail strikes and so on in the issue.

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got mine last week

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got mine last week

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine came in last week as well.
Better late than never!
Excellent magazine IMHO.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of editor-ant
posted Hide Post
Hi Brandon

Sorry for the delay in replying your email. I see it came in yesterday and as we have just moved offices, and our internet connections are being re-established, we got a bit behind with correspondence. My ladies should have replied to you now though. Apologies.

We have indeed fallen a bit behind with our publishing schedule due to several circumstances beyond our control. Part of the perceived delay has been the shift from six issues a year, back to four. At any rate, we are almost on top of things again, and I hope to have another issue on the machines shortly.

Ant Williams

African Hunter Magazine African Fisherman Magazine

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good morning, Ant. Thank you for getting back to me, I did receive an email this am from your office. Glad to hear things are moving forward, I very much enjoyed my first copy and look forward to others!

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Say, Ant, is there any way you can let folks know when the subscription is about to expire?J

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, please. tu2

One of Us
Picture of editor-ant
posted Hide Post
Jorge, since computerizing the whole subscription system a couple of years back, it is very efficient, and we do now email subscribers well in advance of their subscription expiring - usually two issues before, and even after should the subscription actually lapse. As an added safeguard, we also enclose a physical renewal form with the subscriber's last issue. That said, we are always striving to improve our service, so if there is a system anyone feels can be more efficient, we will certainly look into it. Perhaps for AR subscribers, I can link your user name to your subscription and notify you through this network (PM) as sometimes our emails are either overlooked, or captured by SPAM filters.

Ant Williams

African Hunter Magazine African Fisherman Magazine

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Hi Ant: Mine finally arrived yesterday and it said "14 issues" on the printed paper with my name on it. I am supposing that that is the number of issues that I have remaining on my subscription. Is that correct?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And my issue had a similar piece of paper that said one issue? Does that mean I have one issue left?

There was no email about the subscription expiring or included renewal form, so I can assume that is not the case?

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote