Find
Notify
Tools

Nengasha Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted
I am getting very interested in a buff hunt with Nengasha safaris in the Sengwa possibly. Can anyone give me much information on the area or the operator? I have hunted plains game before but never buff. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Which consession? Binga, Omay North, Omay South, Chirisa, Gokwe?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
It's looking like Chirisa.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
T,

I have hunted with Nengasha and had a good experience. Ganyana, when asked about sengwa, said it was better than Chirisa as far as buff quality went. Sengwa research is across the river from Chirisa it seems and was the premier wildlife study area in Zim.

Ask for Wayne Bartlett or Rodie Tourle as your PH, you won't be disappointed.

We hunted with them last year and received our trophies in good order and Wayne always had some of our game venison on the braii in the evening( in addition to our regular meals) as well as biltong etc.

We hope to return in 2010. If so we plan to hunt Sengwa, so don't shoot all the good ones.

Cheers, Adrian

Posts: 413 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If memory serves me correctly the Sengwa Research Area borders Charisa on the upstream side of Charisa. It includes both banks of the Sengwa and animals move freely between the two areas.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Google Earth shows the research area just upstream of Chirisa, ether side of the Sengwa river.
If you have a day or two spare (which is a good thing for delayed fights or baggage), I would recommend some bird shooting out side of Bulawayo. This can be arranged by Nengasha.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote