New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back from the trip of my life!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Me and a friend spent Apr. in RSA hunting, shooting and looking around.

My hunt included Kudu, Blesbuck and a Impala. The hunting was a bit tricky due to the fact that the grass was still high and the leafs still on the bush. It was really hard to spot the game and get a clear shot. I was lucky thoug!

My Kudu was a good 52,25" throphy! Both the Blesbuck and the Impala was big as well. We had a great time and time flew by.

I know some benchrest shooters in RSA and the trip was arranged by some of them. Several of the BR shooters was PH:s and the hunt was arranged by one of them. We saw lots of game and was treated better than we could whish for.

Can�t wait to get back!

Stefan

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Stefan, that's a great kudu. There is a lot of "character" in those horns. Good going!

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow that is a nice Kudu.What rifle did you use, the stock looks good? Glad you had a great trip the people in RSA always seem to please. Ben (rug)

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Character indeed! Beautiful trophy.

Tell us more.

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great hunt, nice Kudu, more pics when you get time. Bet you had a blast.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Stefan ... you're hooked now!

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stefan, great looking Kudu and I like those vivid stripes....Bob

Posts: 94 | Location: S.E Pa | Registered: 05 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Very nice Kudu my friend.....congrats ona spectacular trip.....I know what you mean...can't wait to get back...

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Stefan!

You have just joined Africaholics Anonymous!

Posts: 692 | Location: South Carolina Lowcountry | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great hunt. Your Kudu bull is beautiful. I am headed back this fall & can't wait!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Nice Kudu with lots of character

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boha
posted Hide Post
Beautiful kudu! Congratulations! A month in RSA shooting and hunting sounds just fine.

That there rifle wouldn�t be a custom Hva on a Mauser action in 9,3x66, would it?

Boha

Posts: 493 | Location: Finland | Registered: 18 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank�s guys!

Boha is spot on! The rifle is a custom job around a HVA/FN M-98 action. The barrel is a Sako chambered for the 9,3X66. The stock is a dense claro.

The blesbuck was 1 cm. short of the Rawland awards.....

Stefan

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Stefan

Grattis

Next year in Africa?

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stefan,

Nice trophies. Great old kudu bull. Someone did some nice photo work for you also.

Congratulations!

Mark

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding photos!

That kudu has me a little green with envy. Congrats!

Posts: 157 | Location: The Edge of Texas | Registered: 26 January 2004Reply With Quote