Find
Notify
Tools

Sportsmen on film?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted
Does anyone know if Ken Wilson and Sportsmen on Film are still in business? Tried to go to hs website and it was nt coming up.....

Posts: 560 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robncolorado:
Does anyone know if Ken Wilson and Sportsmen on Film are still in business? Tried to go to hs website and it was nt coming up.....

Rob, I have no idea if he is still filming, but he is running a exotic hunting high fence ranch some place in the Texas hill country!

Sorry I can't help more. I have all his earlier films on VHS, and I don't know if they have been re-done on DVDs.

................................................................ old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
His number is 830-792-4200 or 830-739-3056 as per the literature he was handing out last year at Reno.

one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Ken is still in operation in Kerrville, Texas.

Here is the contact information that was included in a Fall 2013 Newsletter I received via email:

To discuss hunting, contact

Ken Wilson (830-792-4200 or kwilson@sportsmenonfilm.com) or

Lad Shunneson (303-258-7777 or ladoutdoors@gmail.com).

To discuss billfishing, contact Lad.

www.shunnesonwilson.com

It looks like his web address has changed. This address links to his Sportsmen on Film site, which seems to be down.

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
Thanks all!

Posts: 560 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
I used to watch those videos as a kid, pretty neat back then.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Ken's a great guy

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:
Ken's a great guy

No doubt about that! His videos are a real blast form the past. I really like hunting shown as it is(was?) as opposed to the hunting that is often done for the camera in the modern videos.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote