THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Video - Mountain Zebra Kill Shot, Accubond, more..

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video - Mountain Zebra Kill Shot, Accubond, more..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here is another video of a Zebra Kill with Accubonds.

http://www.enter360.com/newsroom/video/Africa/zebra_0002.wmv

Posts: 244 | Location: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheldon -really am enjoying your videos! Thanks for taking the time to post them. I'm hoping to hunt plains game in Namibia sometime soon myself.

thanks again! -Sean

Posts: 161 | Location: La Honda, California | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
More videos !

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow,that is an almighty struggle the animal put up after taking a well placed shot!
What was the range? (Am in library--no hunting sounds allowed!)

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheldon, many thanks for the video. I am hunting with Vaughan in Sept. for Leopard and Hartman's in the communal lands. I now know what Vaughan looks like and the area where we will be hunting. I have hunted in Namibia before, in the South and also the Northern part but that was southwest of Etosha. Again thanks for a great video.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The range was ~225 yards. It was measured by my Leica LRF 1200 Scan but I forget the exact range right this minute. Could have been 223. I used a .338 Win Mag with 225 Nosler Accubonds, a Fed 215M primer and 73 grains of IMR-4350. The MV is 2889 FPS. The B.C. of this bullet is .550. You can see more regarding the load, targets, etc. by going here:

http://www.accuratereloading.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=636695&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=21&fpart=1

Posts: 244 | Location: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Ver good!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!
Lorenzo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheldon,

Super video!! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the fine hunt.

Posts: 192 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: 06 December 2003Reply With Quote