THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: You know your in trouble when...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: You know your in trouble when...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted
Start saving up to buy her a tractor.

Darn cute kid you have there.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Tractor, Hell, better start saving for a 7x57!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
People are always amazed that she's not scared by mounts or skulls. Heck, Mom is out of town, so the game of the evening last night was to have a baboon skull "fake" drink from her sippy cup after that she'd laugh, take the cup back and she'd give the dog a real drink to make sure he wasn't slighted

In an age where my nephew was taught in daycare( and now school) that the words gun, knife, kill, bow and arrow are "BAD" words, I think it is important to get your kids involved from day one to offset the brain washing they'll receive the rest of their lives. Woa be it to the educator that tries to tell my daughter that "gun" is a bad word!

My sister is neither pro nor anti hunting, but pisses me off that how apathetic she is to what they are teaching her son. I asked the other day if he (7yrs old) would like to go shoot with me and he told me he can't because he can't be near guns. I told him sure he can, he responded "well maybe if I stand far away". It's BS what the Columbine incident has driven schools to do!

Well, I better stop now, cause I can vent about this all day.

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's great! I have a 7yo son who's been checking traps & fishing with me since he was 2.5, predator calling since 3. It can almost wear you out, but at least I can always get out for some kind of shooting or casting.

Wait till your first parent teacher conference...

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, the wheels are already in motion, she's going to be Dad's little skeet shooting buddy.

Mom's already pushing the horse thing, but I've made it 7 years without caving into Mom, now if I can just make it another 18 years, I will have won that battle I reality, as soon as she's old enough to ask, I'll cave in a heart beat.

People are always asking where my next hunt or safari is going to be, my response, is ever day I go on safari to day care

Minkman, I've already prepared my wife that I'm going to go off if anyone at school tries to dictate their own agenda.

Heck, my nephew got in trouble for taking his elephant hair bracelet in for show and tell. I should never have brought this up, since I'll be fuming over it the rest of the day!

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I applaude you young man. Hopefully you daughter will help teach her cousin better as she grows. I am lucky as my son and daughter-in-law (well she is comming around although she won't allow son to hang his Wild Boar mount in the house)) are not opposed to their childeren being around guns. My grandson aged 4 already has a half dozen guns, from a 22 to a 30-06 with a nice 20 ga L C Smith. No he isn't shooting yet probably next summer.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Gene, she's a doll! But yes, someday soon she will need dogs, ponies, guns, bows, lots of hunting clothes, fishing gear, boats, tractors, ATV's, hunting trips....

Soon!

Bet ya melted when she first said, "Daddy"!

When I was not much older than her I was out catching snakes and toads. Some things never change.

BTW- Nice wartie.

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know you have a future Ann on your hands when at 4 months the first word your daughter ever associates to anything is "Kudu" and immediately looks up everytime you say it and want's to pet it. Or when at 10 months, her favorite past time is to attempt to measure a warthog skull every evening Well, it looks like that's what she's up to.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 3 month old that is definately daddy's girl. Everynight we "relive" one of her 100 lb elephant or 50" buffalo hunts. She loves it. Also her crib is right under my deer mount and she will not take her eyes off of it even to look at mama. I can't wait until we start hunting, fishing and shooting together.

Posts: 176 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 17 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up enlargements from my custom photo place of a hunt the other year. I opened them up before paying to see if everything was correct and right on top was an enlargement of me and a Zebra. The girl commented, "You can't shoot those!", I asked "Why", "They are endangered!". I think between the TV channels Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel, the future of hunting is doomed.

Heaven help us.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Mom's already pushing the horse thing, but I've made it 7 years without caving into Mom, now if I can just make it another 18 years, I will have won that battle I reality, as soon as she's old enough to ask, I'll cave in a heart beat.

Remember a horse can pack an elk as well as give a 3 yr old a ride.

At least I'm hoping so - got one comin' (horse that is).
Brent

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why Brent, don't you know that horses are only used for Dressage LOL!

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Hi Gene,
Grew up in Lake Odessa, only 35 miles east of you.
Have a grandson who was taught by a vegetarian anti-hunter. Never said anything bad about her, just let him see the fun his brothers were having shooting and hunting with me. Now he's back to eating ANYTHING I put in front of him and asked aboout possibly going on a hunt to see if he'd like it. Glad I'm a psychologist.
Max

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It surprises me that you can do stuff like that at the school that you teach at. Back when I was in High School, we tried to start a hunting club, but were told "No" because the administration feared that people would be offended. Ridiculous!

Posts: 76 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: 06 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Boy, you're a lucky guy, Marten. All you guys with kids who hunt with you are lucky guys. I truly envy you.

Enjoy them while you can.

Godspeed.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats awesome. Not all of California is anti-gun either, but its harder and harder to find people that agree that guns are not "evil". I need to move somewhere where the government stays the hell out of my business. Any suggestions???

Posts: 76 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: 06 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Why Brent, don't you know that horses are only used for Dressage LOL!

Not this one. The wife wants me to use it to pull logs out of the back too. She has this attitude that critters have to work for a living - just like us. There is hope....

Brent

PS. What's up with dressage anyway - god that looks dull, or am I missing something?

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just to let you know not all schools are bad. Even in gun hating NY state.

This is a news clipping from our local newspaper.

FITTING GIFT

How's this for politically incorrect? Marathon School District Superintendent Larry Hayes was feted at his retirement dinner June 4 at the Halfway House in Solon.

In recognition of his 35 years of dedication and service to the district, Hayes was given a 12-gauge over-under shotgun.

The tiny village of Marathon is the home of one of the most energetic trapshooting programs in the state, and shotguns apparently carry more import than gold watches or golf clubs.

Sometimes when I think everything is going down the toilet a little ray of hope shines through.
Just to show you not all of NY is anti-Second Amendment liberals. This is a small rural upstate NY town which is about 20 miles from where I live. I for one am mailing the School District a note congratulating them on their lack of political correctness and their apparent good sense.

Posts: 725 | Location: Upstate Rural NY | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you would have a long line of us if we could find such a place.>John

Posts: 725 | Location: Upstate Rural NY | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
My seven year old daughter, after helping me retreiving some rookes:

Her room is full of stuffed birds, feathers she collected from various birds I have shot, a moose-tooth, an old badger skull from a roadkill that I cleaned for her... you name it!

Regards,

Martin

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Wyoming is the best place I have found so far. They even taught hunter safety at my daughters' school. I have taken them out of school to go hunting and the teachers attitude has been "no problem".

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

My seven year old daughter, after helping me retreiving some rookes:

She gets her beauty from her mother.

BTW well done Martin.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote