New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Tall is Giraffe shoulder mount?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I think I have enough ceiling height but wondering if anyone had rough measurement from brisket to the top of the head on a good size bull. Thanks

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends on the mount. I am having my done with the neck bent reaching for leaves as in eating and I don't have but maybe 7" in height.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Die
Sounds pretty neat! I was thinking more along the lines of an upright with his head turned out slightly. I have regular 8 foot walls with an 8 foot peaked, vaulted ceiling above it. Just didn't want to have to start the brisket a foot off the floor.

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread shows a really nice mount that would work with low ceilings. Well, I like it anyway.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=174103534#174103534

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Our shoulder mount giraffe is 9-10 feet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was having mine mounted I told the taxidermist that my ceiling was eight feet and to allow for that.He did, but just barely.If I had to guess , aI would say seven feet ten inches.It is the most commented on piece in my whole menagarie.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
This is a mount I like, and with adjusting the angle you can make it fit to your house, also nice to be able to study the head close instead of high up in the ceeling.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would say 7' or 8' is kind of short. If it is a large bull I would say between 9' & 10'

cchunter,

That is a cool mount.

Safari Taxidermy by:John Baker
www.safaritaxidermy.com

Posts: 278 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas , USA | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote