THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Scuba & Safari - Has anyone done it?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scuba & Safari - Has anyone done it?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm thinking it would be fun to take my kids to Mozambique, or another country, and do 5-7 days of hunting and then 5-7 days of scuba diving and beach time.

Any AR members that have done a trip like this - any recommendations?

Thanks

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mozambique has some fantastic islands, been to Benguerra and highly recommended it,diving and fishing were fantastic, will be a great add on to a safari

One warning, the malaria on the coast of Mozam is vicious, take the necessary precautions

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of andy_7x64
posted Hide Post
Pemba at the coast in northern Moz and
then hunt around Niassa!

Posts: 119 | Location: Germany, South | Registered: 05 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Sharks?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
At present I'm enjoying the sun at Pemba Mozambique and will be in the bush chasing buffalo an about twelve days time. Loving it.

Better half enjoying Pemba Beach Lodge;

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vamizi Island is unbelievable, but expensive. That said, the scuba diving and beaches are unbeatable.

Pemba is the oil and gas hub- there are certainly better spots for vacation.

Ozhunter- are you back in Pemba after your hunt? I'll be heading that way sometime soon.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
We have combined big game hunting and SCUBA diving in both Mozambique and Tanzania and had a great time in both places.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I have hunter Niassa the last 3 years and snorkeled there twice. Would love to scuba there on the shelf. It is a fantastic place and though Pemba may me an oil and gas hub, you can go a few miles either way up and down the beach and it is pristine. In Northern Cape now and will be I. Pemba in 3 days. Looking forward to seeing Adam and getting in the Indian Ocean again.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I have hunted Niassa the last 3 years and snorkeled there twice. Would love to scuba there on the shelf. It is a fantastic place and though Pemba may me an oil and gas hub, you can go a few miles either way up and down the beach and it is pristine. In Northern Cape now and will be in. Pemba in 3 days. Looking forward to seeing Adam and getting in the Indian Ocean again.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote