New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN 400 Action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just found a FN 400 barreled action with a new 26 inch Mcgowen barrel in 375 H&H. The action and barrel appear new and are blued. The gun shop wants $600 for it. The action and mag box looked small to me for the 375 HH. The action has a grove in the reciever ring, which the guy in the shop told me would accomadate the 375. I could not get him to try a 375 round in the mag box. Is this a good price?

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I could not get him to try a 375 round in the mag box. Is this a good price?

I'm gonna say no...

Posts: 322 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The groove in the receiver ring is an indication that it was originally a 375 length action, so I suspect the action is long enough, if not then you can buy a magazine from Blackburn for $280...and at any rate the barreled action with or without the bottom metal is worth $600. for a custom gun project, depending on who made the barrel, if its the original FN barrel or a Douglas, Lilja, LW, Pachnor or such then its a buy....

I might even trade you a super nice Whitworth 458 for it if its a real nice barreled action, that I could make a 404 out of.

All one has to do is drop a 375 in the mag and see if it fits, don't even have to put it in, just use a caliper and measure it.

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote