New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimba Safaris: any info?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any info on Jimba Safaris? Good or bad, let me have it.

Posts: 267 | Location: Kingsville, Texas 78363 | Registered: 19 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted Hide Post
You are referring to Jimba Safaris in Zim? Not Jimbah Safaris in RSA?

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pevtsovy,

I have just returned late last month from an awesome 10 day plains game hunt at Jimbah Safaris. My hunting partner on this hunt was RCG who posts here.

I am waiting for more photos to put a hunt report here, but would be happy to discuss this hunt and anything about Jimbah Safaris, with you at any time.

Jimbah hunts in the Eastern Cape area, mostly between Grahamstown and Somerset East, which can be both quite hilly and thick bush, but might just as easily be rolling and open terrain. We hunted in both types.

Jimbah Safaris operators, Owen and Riana Smith, are very experienced oufitters and, by design, run a smaller, more personal hunt than some of the big names. They would rather only have one small group of hunters that they can cater to than a mixed bag of hunters. I do not believe that anyone would be sharing your time in the lodge!

Owen is a hunter and is very particular about making sure you succeed with your "wish list" and do so in a proper sporting manner. He and his team of tracker/skinners pulled off some spectacular hunts with amazing spotting and tracking abilities while we were there.

We obviously had an awesome hunt, and I encourage you to contact RCG or I with any questions or concerns by PM or email!

I do not think you will find a better plains game hunt outfitter anywhere!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sue,

Well I obviously assumed Jimbah Safaris, in RSA!

If not, my bad! But we had an awesome hunt anyway!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jimba Safaris in Zimbabwe. Anyone??

Posts: 267 | Location: Kingsville, Texas 78363 | Registered: 19 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote