New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Appart from the fact that the exchange rate is now 75000:1 to the US$ (three Zim to one Met eek2) I thought the following deduction from two articles in yesterdays Herald (Hope Everybody Reads All Lies an' Deception- aka Pravda- the government daily paper) were worth listing.

One person was fined $1 000 000 for not having a TV licence.
Another was released on bail for $500 000 after being arrested for murder. (killed the Zanu Deputy commisar for Gender relations)

The moral of this Zimbabwean story:
If you do not have a TV licence and the inspector comes round, kill him. You'll save $500 000. Big Grin

$500,000 (US$6.67) bail for murder - thats'a bit much. I got out on my own cognizance. After all, shooting a member of the country's ruling elite comes under the heading of Self defence, Justifiable homicide or garbage disposal!

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
The moral of this Zimbabwean story:
If you do not have a TV licence and the inspector comes round, kill him. You'll save $500 000. Big Grin

Brilliant! roflmao

quote:
$500,000 (US$6.67) bail for murder - thats'a bit much. I got out on my own cognizance. After all, shooting a member of the country's ruling elite comes under the heading of Self defence, Justifiable homicide or garbage disposal!

I'd call it pest control. Wink

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was always under the impression that a 1 kg package of biltong will get you out of a murder rap in Zim. Ganyana, is that still the going rate?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had to pay 1/2 a kudu to get Bruce Davison off an attempted murder charge. He had a fight with his wife on Christmas morning ('98) at Sengwa research, drove off into the communal lands to pick a fight with a notorious local poacher. Sure enough said local was buzy hanging the biltong, but was also a barrack room lawyer. Told Bruce to push off and go and collect a policeman since he was outside the park- only a 3hr round trip, by which time all evidence would have been consumed.

wrong day and wrong man. poacher took a charge of no 5 between the legs. the range wasuite close and Bruce swore he was aiming to miss, butt. Mr poacher had a well perforated member.

Get phone call in the evening from Alison to say " do something" as the police had arrested Bruce. Drove out on boxing day (7 hrs, bless their cotton socks), shot a kudu, delivered the meat, and the next morning charges were dropped by the member in charge (who also acted as the public prosecutor because...wait for it....

The doctors report stated that he had removed seven pellets from the complainants penis and testicles, and the member-in-charge agreed that you could not attempt to murder someone with a pellet gun Big Grin

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Justice prevails! thumb

Ganyana, you really need to write a book . . .

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jump jump jump

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Ganyana -you have to write a book!

Meanwhile let's celebrate the 25.th of November.
The 40 years anniversary of the Rhodesia proclaimed independence from Britain by PM Ian D Smith beer

Husky

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A book is definitely in order.

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
This sounds interesting, just a small clip from the full story

Regards, Peter /

IMF Funds: Gono Reveals Source

The Herald (Harare)

September 27, 2005

RESERVE Bank of Zimbabwe Governor Dr Gideon Gono has revealed that the US$120 million paid by Zimbabwe to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) last month came from banks in New York and London, among others.

The funds had been sourced from export proceeds, free funds and foreign currency liquidations.

The revelation comes in the wake of reports that the IMF intended to verify the source of the funds in response to allegations that they may have been expropriated.

Dr Gono gave detailed evidence of the sources of the funds to IMF directors when he went to Washington on the eve of the September 9 executive board meeting to decide on Zimbabwe's fate.

Of the funds, US$90 million was paid through the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, with the balance being transacted through Absa Bank of South Africa.

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shooting one of the "ruling elite", I'd call a pretty good start, nothing more. beer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Shooting one of the "ruling elite", I'd call a pretty good start, nothing more. beer

And the trpohy fee was cheap too!!!!

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

Well, at $6.65ea for a trophy fee, the only problem I see is the airlines 5 kilo ammo alotment. sofa

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
Half a Kudu? You got ripped. You probably could have gotten him off for one-sixteenth of an impala or a francolin. beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
75K to 1USD. Wow its time to invest in the Zim $ I dont think it can get any worse. I'm calling my broker tomarrow. Wink

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow $6.67 - that's cheaper than the trophy fee ona baboon. I figure that one of the ministers should be about $20 and maybe $100 for uncle bob himself. How much of the fee does the PH get & when can we book.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote