New
Find
Notify
Tools

TGTS 2009 Trophys
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just found some very nice trophy photos from the 2009 Season with TGTS.
This Lions are incredible...
http://www.tgts.com/LAI-huntin...ry/GalleryParent.htm

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
Ive been drooling over their trophy galleries for years, and I believe they produce some consistently excellent trophies. Now if I can only find a buyer for my right kidney so I can go back to Tanzania...

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or does the second hunter posing with his lion and blonde woman look like George Straight? Seriously is that George Straight?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes, that be George and his wife Norma.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Some familiar faces in there, and even Walter made the show.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does it look like there are several lions with pink noses in there? Are they off limits in Tanz?
465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
Does it look like there are several lions with pink noses in there? Are they off limits in Tanz?
465H&H

Looks like Saeed didn't leave to much there to hunt! I guess they will have to shut down for a couple years till some more grow up! Big Grin

A pink nose is not a hard and fast indication of an underaged lion! TGT is one of the best lion conservers in Tanzania.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John S:
Yes, that be George and his wife Norma.

I didn't think it was possible for me to like George Straight any more, but I guess it was! Check out the impala on #64 and the Grant's on #79!!!! Eeker

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have some beautiful lion, but I uderstand their success rate on lion is around 20%. Anyone know if this is correct?

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
Great pics! I remember when George Strait hunted with them in 2004 that he had 2 PH's putting up lions baits for him in different areas to increase his chances of getting a lion. That was his first hunt with TGT and my PH told me they had no idea until well into the hunt that he was a bit well-known back in the states.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:
They have some beautiful lion, but I uderstand their success rate on lion is around 20%. Anyone know if this is correct?

I think that is in the vicinity and perhaps a bit lower. There are several threads on this, but the TGTS statement as I recall is that they sell 21 day full bag hunts, where lion is a possibility. Some hunters spend lots of time on lion and don't get one while others happen upon one, shoot it, and move along. They do not sell "lion hunts" as I recall the statements I've heard.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
quote:
Originally posted by jetdrvr:

I think that is in the vicinity and perhaps a bit lower. There are several threads on this, but the TGTS statement as I recall is that they sell 21 day full bag hunts, where lion is a possibility. Some hunters spend lots of time on lion and don't get one while others happen upon one, shoot it, and move along. They do not sell "lion hunts" as I recall the statements I've heard.

130% correct. TGT's success rate is 15-20%. That's from the horse's mouth. It should improve some with time, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a lot until everyone is on board with lion management.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson