New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caprivi
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Could one fly into Vic Falls and then get to a camp in the Caprivi or would the trip take to much time and hassel with borders.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
From the WEST Caprivi it is a pretty good drive, and I was told that those that did it usually chartered. I don't think that Air Namibia has a flight from Katima that connects. From the EAST Caprivi, it may be more doable via road and crossing at the boarder, Wendell/Vaughan could tell you for sure if heading here.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Uh oh, now I am on the spot.

I don't know, but I can tell you what I do know.

I have driven from Vic Falls to the Chobe Game Lodge twice. Once in '94 and once in '00. That takes maybe 45 minutes or so. Once in Chobe, I think you can cross into Namibia at Ngoma. I am not sure how long it would take as I have not done the drive to there. Factoring in border crossings, it would probably take 1.5 to 2 hours until you set foot on Namibian soil. Maybe??? I don't know for sure.

If you are traveling with guns, you are kind of screwed. No way to get into the Caprivi at Kazungula. That is a Botswana port. If you have guns, you have to pay the firearm licencing fee.

You could go through Zabmbia at Livingston, but once again, you are faced with firearm issues.

I am not even sure if they have the facilities to issue a Namibia firearms import permit at Ngoma either?

Like the African said "You can not get there from here."

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote