New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI & RMEF same dates in Vegas
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just wondering since Elk Camp and SCI are in Vegas at the same time this year, who's going to one or both? I'm just curious to know if RMEF might get a boost in attendance from SCI members this year by hitting both shows.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who is RMEF? Oh I know now, it's that group that buys up a lot of private elk ranches so their elite at the top can have a place to hunt elk!! Like they did in New Mexico.

Doubt that the fact that the two shows are at the same time will be any influence on either. Kinda dumb for RMEF to book the same dates as SCI unless they are trying to bolster their ranks by sucking off SCI.

RMEF does absolutely nothing to help "elk hunters", their elite are in it for themselves only.

Guess you all figured out I won't be attending the RMEF Show popcorn

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who is RMEF? Oh I know now, it's that group that buys up a lot of private elk ranches so their elite at the top can have a place to hunt elk!! Like they did in New Mexico.

Larry, relax, take a chill pill- RMEF has and still does a lot of good for elk habitat.I'll be going to both the SCI convention and the RMEF event in Las Vegas and having a good time at both.

Posts: 231 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wrench - Maybe we will meet up at SCI? What RMEF did/doing to us here in New Mexico leaves a real bad taste to a lot of us. Won't bore with details. Chilling out for sure here this AM in the Mountains of New Mexico, as it was 8 degrees. Smiler Merry Christmas.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think RMEF has done anything in terms of abuse that any other organization hasn't also done in spades including SCI and SFW, but that wasn't the question.

The reason I asked is because I thought of exhibiting at RMEF this year, but was wondering if attendence would be up or down due to it being in vegas and at the same time as SCI.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote