New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in the Selous - blocks?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Adam and Rungwa safaris work together Wink your safe!

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about LU2 Selous for Dagga Boys...
Lu2 Consession holder is Zuka Africa. There are many Buffalos ?!

r.
seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
How about LU2 Selous for Dagga Boys...
Lu2 Consession holder is Zuka Africa. There are many Buffalos ?!

r.
seloushuntwer

I hunted with Zuka in 2003 and I am headed back to LU2 on 18 September for 10 days. I love the place! I got two good buff, 37.5 and 39.5 and zebra. Saw many buffalo and a truckload of elephant. A lot of impala (surprise), hartebeest, wildebeest. The larger buff came from a herd of about 50 and the other was one of four dugga boys they had been hunting with two other clients before me. Good accomodations, and an excellent PH.

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo,Lion, Sable hunts in R2.I looking specialy for old Dagga Boys is Pierres Area the right one ?!

r.
seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
mbb

If someone books with us next year they can hunt KI,K2 and Mahenge North as one continuos area of 2000 sq. mi. and as Saeed is proving the area is loaded with buffalo.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don,
Lu 5 belongs to Pano Calaverez...Adam was or is associated with Pano.

All these concessions are sub contracted and so much depends on what has taken place before you get in there and what has taken place the year before...

I have hunted all the above concessions and found them all to be excellent...R-1 can be hard hunting, but the Buff are there. R-2 is tough early on but again the buff are there.

We are hunting R2 right now and having excellent hunts even though its thick and bushy this early...Palmer who posts here just shot a magnificent MGM Lion, big sable and a great buffalo....

I think the thick stuff bumfuzzles many hunters as we have had an abnormal amount of woundings this year....but whoever you are, sooner or later that is going to happen..I guess when it rains it pours.

If I were a hunter booking a hunt, I would not concern myself with which block I was hunting and be more concerned about who I was booking with in Tanzania especially...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Atkinson

LU5 !!!! belongs to Pano Calavrias Eeker must be a choke Adam market this block on his Website for 05 and 06. What i know Pano is in the Photo Safari Business Now !!! eek2 with an Office in Seacliff Village in DSM next to ZUKA Africa Office.

r.
Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe so, I don't know what has taken place in the last year or two with LU5...It is a good concession..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks

Just to keep everything straight Adam severed all connections with Pano in 2003. KI,K2,LU5 and Ruhudji belong to Rungwa Game Safaris not Pano.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
T. Carr,

On your last post, you gave two maps of the Selous. What do the individual colors mean for the sections in the second map?

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Bull1,

That is a close up of the Selous from a map that shows the 5 major concession holders of all the concessions in Tanzania (map compliments of Bwanamich).

If you want you the full map, email and I will send it to you. Put "Tanzania Map 5" in the subject of the email.

Regards,

Terry

P.S.
The brown colored units are either National Parks/Reserves or photo only units (on the units inside the Selous).

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, how many know how to pronounce Selous?

Se lous ("se" sound as in self, sell, set -- "lous" sound as in blue, stew, few). With emphasis on the last syllable.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Having studied more French than I can remember (and I hope you will realize I am speaking literally), pronouncing "Selous" is easy.

"Bangweulu" and "Kafue" on the other hand . . .

Now they took some learning.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Mark is correct, LU5, K1, and K2 are indeed owned by Rungwa Safaris(Harpreet Brar). To be sure he controls these concessions totally. Adam Clements and his team are a very valuable booking agency for Rungwa. You can be comfortable with booking through Adam for these concessions. Adam personally knows these areas well.

As clients and close friends of Harpreet's, my wife and I also help him with marketing in the U.S. because we do believe in him. A quality that in alot of travels, I think is difficult to find. I can tell you first hand that these concessions are not sub-leased, and that Harpreet controls very closely what is shot in them.

Harpreet sets personal limits on game in these areas less than his government quota on all premium animals to assure quality in future years. And believe me he sticks to them.

I will be in K1 and K2 for the first time this year, but we hunted LU5 last year and it was an outstanding area. We shot a great wildebeast early and a great elephant on the 4th day.

Harpreet is young but he does it right.

David McNeil

Posts: 11 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone researching Gonabisi. As it is n open area there is human population in the area and I found it from 02 to present to be rife with poaching even fish poachers. Would say a conservative count of 100 plus wilde kill sights
in what alot of us called the Carpet at the big bend in the river where they always set up camp. found numerous smoking camps hidden in the riverbanks.

Very grassy early in the season. Exciting buff in grass but small boys. Male Elephants also ccool there 2nd trunk in the river by the camp.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
does anyone know about luke samara's block this year? i will be hunting there in september with a friend of mine. i don't know the block number and wondered what type of terrain might exist. gosh i am excited. the ph is a fellah named richard bonham and my buddy talks big on him.

me, i am really good at knocking down groundhogs, squirrels and deer. this should be interesting. i was told that the buffalo would be inside 100 yds. and the pg at around 200 yds for shooting.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
390ish
you will be hunting in U4 and possibly RU1.
Stunning block with good game sightings and plenty of buff. If you are doing a hunt with Richard you will most likely be on a all foot hunt with the fly camp moving behind you with porters?? If that is the hunt then it has always been my dream hunt for buffalo in that area all on foot with porters and sleeping under a mozzy net on the banks of the mighty Rufiji!

Your first night will most likely be out of Richard`s plush photo camp called Sand Rivers across the river from Luke´s area. You then cross by boat into the concession as the hunt starts.

If that is the hunt boy am I jealous!!

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The friend who is taking me is kind of mum on the details. I was told to be ready to walk 8-10 hours a day and carry my rifle. Everything else will be carried by others and that is about it. Told me to bring two pair of boots and said the plains game would be inside of 200 yards. thanks for the information. i am sure excited.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That sounds like the one.
Will be awsome. One of my favorite corners of the Selous to date!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
U4 and possibly RU1

This are very nice Selous Blocks withs lots of Mbogos. I hunted last year there and it was an excellent hunt.

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas