Notify
Tools

LIONS - ONLY WE CAN SAVE THEM!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
When "the war" actually begins...and we start trying to match the anti's productions tit-for-tat by making our own documentory's...just like you now see the kittens with draining eyes and puppies that are skin and bones with the little captions above their heads saying: "am I going to die today"?...you WILL start to see similar commercials on TV with clips from hunting videos with dead lions and folks celebrating like a full-back that just scored the winning TD in the super-bowl.

Those video's will come back to haunt us.

I know some folks don't like to hear that but...mark my words...you will see it. sofa

Lane - If I gave you a copy of GLOBAL HUNTER II & III, I want em back!!!! Mad

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
"We are sort of on the edge of danger all the time," Dereck said calmly, explaining they created a scale of 1 to 10 to assess each situation and the chance of dying. "There is something going on every single day...there are quite a few nine-and-a-halfs."

I'm not sure if they're merely drama queens or reckless fools heading for their own version of a "Treadwell moment."

In any case, I will contact National Geographic to express my outrage at their support for this kind of baseless propaganda.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BaxterB,

The long post by you above was excellent. You mentioned artist John Banovich. Although he is not an avid hunter, he did shoot a cape buffalo in the Save a couple of years ago, and the hunt was televised on the Versus Chanel, I believe. During the episode, the narrator mentioned that his good friend, artist Simon Combes, had been killed by a cape buffalo.

Anyway, excellent idea by you to find a well known respected reporter/journalist/spokesman, who has no dog in this fight, who is willing to narrate a show/documentary that lays out the facts about how hunting and hunter generated money helps wildlife and habitat worldwide. What is desperately needed is for a groundswell of support to be generated for ANYTHING that improves wildlife numbers and wildlife habitat, and that, of course, includes hunting.

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Although he is not an avid hunter, he did shoot a cape buffalo in the Save a couple of years ago, and the hunt was televised on the Versus Chanel

This I was unaware of, thanks for letting me know. I do not watch broadcast or cable television of any sort (just movies and whatnot) so missed it.

Cheers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Molepolole:
BaxterB,

Anyway, excellent idea by you to find a well known respected reporter/journalist/spokesman, who has no dog in this fight, who is willing to narrate a show/documentary that lays out the facts about how hunting and hunter generated money helps wildlife and habitat worldwide. What is desperately needed is for a groundswell of support to be generated for ANYTHING that improves wildlife numbers and wildlife habitat, and that, of course, includes hunting.

Guys, we are working on putting the plan, and the group of people, we want on this board/think tank. AR's "gotogirl3", has volunteered her services for administrative needs, after that, we are gonna need additional funding. Hopefully the hunting community will step-up, and help us out.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
When "the war" actually begins...and we start trying to match the anti's productions tit-for-tat by making our own documentory's...just like you now see the kittens with draining eyes and puppies that are skin and bones with the little captions above their heads saying: "am I going to die today"?...you WILL start to see similar commercials on TV with clips from hunting videos with dead lions and folks celebrating like a full-back that just scored the winning TD in the super-bowl.

I know some folks don't like to hear that but...mark my words...you will see it. sofa

Aaron,

I knew you would say that...and I enjoy the videos greatly!!! Well done!!!

But as soon as "the war" begins...one which we must fight...you are gonna see adds on TV using hunting videos to play to the anti's...and...as I have been through this battle before with the horse anti-slaughter bill...it can be an up-hill battle...albeit...one in which I will fightting side-by-side with you. salute

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:

Aaron,

I knew you would say that...and I enjoy the videos greatly!!! Well done!!!

But as soon as "the war" begins...one which we must fight...you are gonna see adds on TV using hunting videos to play to the anti's...and...as I have been through this battle before with the horse anti-slaughter bill...it can be an up-hill battle...albeit...one in which I will fightting side-by-side with you. salute

Ya, I know. I was just giving you a hard time!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If you look back in history...hunting...esp in Africa...used to be a very gentelmanly thing...and respectful sport.

As hunters...and...as we head into this new time...and try to show the world how hunting and conservation/self-sustainable utilization go hand-in-hand...we must take a long hard look at the public image of ourselves and present ourselves in professional respectful manner.

It is not so much that our image will correct things if made better...it is the fact that the opposition will NOT be able to use it against us as we begin to lay-out our scientific, logical, commmon-sense, and evidence based approached to the public that we can have influence on.

Because...there is a set of population that is so far to the left we will never reach them...and...they are the ones that will use any and all...correct or incorrect...things against us.

We must not give that group ammunition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
You are exactly right... I could go on for days about this but will save you all from the soapbox.

The first place to start is with each of us and examine what we are doing and whether, if shown to a non-hunting audience, it would garner support or criticism. No, it's not necessarily fair, but it is the world we live in today. We must conduct ourselves outwardly like we tell each other we feel inwardly about our role as hunter/conservationist representatives.