Find
Notify
Tools

Namibian Firearm import permit
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need some help.

Apparently you can do these on line and have pre approved so when you land you just check the guns serial number and go.
I can't find any link on how to do this .
Any of you guys done this?

Posts: 47 | Location: Here and there ....... | Registered: 27 February 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can obtain the simple form online (just use the Google machine). It is not "pre-approved", but filling it out ahead of time will save you the time of filling it out in the airport. You can simply hand the pre-filled form to the officers in the firearms claim room and move (along with anyone else who has pre-filled their form) to the front of the line. You will still have to let an officer review your form and ask you any questions he may have and get his approval before taking your firearm from the claim room into the main baggage area.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
http://www.napha-namibia.com/f...rmit_Application.pdf

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
I don't get the point. The "approval" occurs in real time and basically consists of the official looking at your form and making sure you filled in the fields. There's no real delay in the approval process that would require "pre-approval".

Posts: 441 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys
Thanks for the referal to the hard copy permit.
I have used this on my previous trips, but have been told
of a way of pre approval as per the saps 520 in S.A.

I got caught up last year when a big group of Scandinavians got in before me.
It took ages as they had no forms and were unorganised.
Because my flight lands at lunchtime and I have along drive , I thought it preferable to do it online or apply prior to landing.

Posts: 47 | Location: Here and there ....... | Registered: 27 February 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You fill out the form and then email it to police....

email and form in this recent post;

https://www.africahunting.com/...-into-namibia.42413/

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dinsdale!
Much appreciated.