THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Quality of Hunting 50 or 60 KM north of Beitbridge Zim

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality of Hunting 50 or 60 KM north of Beitbridge Zim
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of crl
posted
Has anyone hunted NE of Beitbridge Zim. What is the area like.

thanks
Crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Half of Zim is NE of Biet Bridge Wink Flat hot and thick bush is general but where exactly are you thinking? Along the Chirezi river and that conservancy or in the tribal lands?

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
I was told that the area is about 60km NE of Beitbridge on a private conservancy. I was told that it is part of Graham Hingestons hunting area. My knowledge of the country is zero as I am a first timer.

crl

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ganyana would be able to give the definitive, up to date answer here, but I have been fortunate enough to hunt the area a few times over the last several years.

There is a lot of game, despite land annexations and downright harassment of landowners. It's an excellent area for Eland, Blue Wildebeest and Kudu.

To me, the great attraction is the vegetation - lots of mopani forest, some truly magnificent baobabs and dense riverine. Not to forget the birdlife - ground hornbill, carmine bee-eater, saddle-billed stork are but a few that come to mind.

Heed Ganyana's advice about heat - especially from October to February - that heat can evaporate the marrow in your bones! The hotter months are also bad for ticks. Maybe it's because my hunting has typically been in December / January, or maybe it's because the ticks just like me, but I got taken out. We had a fine time with scorpions on the Bubye river.

In a nutshell - it's God's Own Country. Or it was.

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rikkie. I would will be there the first two week in August.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
It was great when I hunted there in 1982.Who knows now....

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
crl
May PI ask who you will be hunting with.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
I will be hunting with Paul Stones Safaris Africa.

crl

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crl:
I was told that the area is about 60km NE of Beitbridge on a private conservancy. I was told that it is part of Graham Hingestons hunting area. My knowledge of the country is zero as I am a first timer.

crl

Are talking about the Lemco Conservancy? If not, what is the name of the conservancy?

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
He is the way Paul described it to me.

"The area is a very large game ranch just north of the South African border
about 60kms to be exact, it is called Chitunga. You will be the only clients
in camp yes. The concession is a privately owned concession by a friend of
mine Graham Hingeston."

Clark

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Sorry, never heard of Chitunga. Graham Hingeston is one of the prinicipal players in HHK Safaris, that's why I asked about Lemco.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted closeby a few years ago very successfully. Unfortunately, there are a lot of squatters in this area and of course much poaching. That is the 64 dollar question in Zim these days. This area used to be an excellent place for big Kudu. Three years ago I took a 60 inch bull closeby. A friend hunting with me got a 44 inch buffalo. Be sure to talk to people who have been there this past season. August is a good time in the Lowveldt. Leaves are off the trees, bugs aren't bad and not too hot yet.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I hunted along the Bubi river East of the Bietbridge/Harare highway about 8 years ago Took a very nice Wildebeest and an Excellant Eland. I think I was hunting on property owned by the Chathams. Very nice camp right on the Bubi river way the hell and gone from everywhere. I really liked the area AND the camp. Had some nice mounts in the lodge and a nice lion that had been killed there as I remember by a game scout with an AK47. I think this area is south of the Nuanetsi (sp) Ranch.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote