Find
Notify
Tools

Pilansberg?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted
My folks are going on a business arranged holiday to South Africa and Europe. They will be spending time at a lodge in the Pilansberg area.
Has anyone spent time in this area and is it a good place to visit?
Regards,
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted in a portion of the park where hunting is permitted. It is a very large park with real wild free ranging lion, buffalo and elephant not to mention plains game. Its claim to fame is a significant population of white and black rhino. For sightseeing it would be worth a couple of days. As I remember, there are some viewing blinds set up near water holes which I'm sure would be interesting. Not very far from Sun City either!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been there twice while staying in Sun City. IMHO it is worth seeing. One can take a hot air baloon ride over the park.

One day was enough for me.

Go and see the croc exhibit in Sun City. It is amazing.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The park encircles Sun City on 3 sides. From a geological / historic point of view, it is very interesting (and beautiful). Lots of game to see, and there are strategically-placed lookouts. 2 days is about what it takes to work your way around the park slowly and thoroughly.

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it, but a day and half is enough.

Posts: 13860 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote