New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roger Whittall
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We will be hunting buff out of Roger's camp in early October. The concession is just south of Vic Falls. Any pros or cons? Thanks

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Do you know the name of the concession.

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had two awesome hunts with them in Chewore and humani,but not this area.

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
VFR1

Are you hunting in Matetsi with Guy Whittall?

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 707 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matetsi II.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger and his entire staff are first class. Who will be your PH??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know who the local PH will be. We booked the hunt through our regular guys in SA who will be hunting with us. We fly into Joburg, then on to Vic Falls the next day. Pulled out the .404 last night just to caress itSmiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHowell:
popcorn

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
popcorn

Any popcorn left for me?
popcorn
Thanks... Let the show begin.

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
popcorn

I have been waiting for somebody to say something...guess I will just watch as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37879 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The area is good, can't speak to Roger's involvement in that area, but I can say I was Roger's second client on Humani (now part of the conservancy) in 1979, hunted with him in Mozambique in 1989, and on the then-new Save Valley Conservancy in 1995. The Whittalls remain friends. They are dead solid, great people, and you will have a good hunt.
Cheers, Craig

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Should have plenty of PH's, what with your "regular guys" and your Zim PH's. Never tried that but with all those pros plus trackers it should be quite a party. Let us know how it works out.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twoseventy:
Should have plenty of PH's, what with your "regular guys" and your Zim PH's. Never tried that but with all those pros plus trackers it should be quite a party. Let us know how it works out.

Expensive also, since you have to pay observer fees for for the SA PHs if they are carrying rifles.

one of us
posted Hide Post
VFR1,

It appears that you have been around AR for quite some time, and have hunted quite a bit in various countries around the area, as a newby myself, without any direct knowledge of the Whittall's it would be hard to add too much to this.

I do think there is information here on AR that you can find if you search for it, I recall these names coming up not too long ago.

IMHO you should know who your PH will be, and then asking here about him/them. Having missed that usual step by booking it through your SA contacts that useful piece of info is missing.

See this excellent MAP showing all the areas.

Good Hunting!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VFR - which agent did you book through in SA?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I gonna hunt buffalo at Humani in August this year and I'm really looking forward to it. My Krieghoff 9,3 x 74 R is getting more and more impatient...

http://www.kapstadt.de/schindlers-africa

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by opus72:
quote:
Originally posted by LHowell:
popcorn

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
popcorn

Any popcorn left for me?
popcorn
Thanks... Let the show begin.

Sorry Chaps Have I missed somthing ?? Does Roger Whitall NOT run a good Show ?? Does he NOT have good Pro Hunters working for Him.??

who the hell cares who set the hunt up, its with a good reputable Zim company, or are you chaps just smelling blood because of the mention of a SA operater.

Dont Hijack the thread.

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simply asking who the booking agent is so I can contact them to see what quota is still available. I'm also from SA. Stop being so paranoid!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fact that a Zim hunt is being booked by a SA operator is enough to get some of these guys panties all in a wad.

Look, He clearly states that he will be hunting with Roger Whittall, a good guy. He will be handled expertly and the hunt will be above board if Roger is running the show.

This is not going to be an illegal park hunt by a fly by night SA outlaw.

I hunted Humani with Roger early on (95-97) like Craig, and I found him to be warm, intelligent, generous and ethical. I have never heard a bad report on him or his outfit. He has so far been able to negotiate the minefield that is Zim politics with the skill and wisdom of Job.I expect anyone hunting with him in the forseeable future to have a great hunt.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
He will be handled expertly and the hunt will be above board if Roger is running the show.

That is the key word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37879 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Taken from a 09 November 2010 post by VFR1 that revived a 2006 hunt report by Marty:

quote:
Hunted Moz the last week of September with JP Kleinhans. He put us on buff, although with lots of walking-a true DG hunt. He is a true professional and, without a doubt, the most entertaining individual I have ever met. When we return it will be with JP.

popcorn

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote