Find
Notify
Tools

Lion Attack Video???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted
Guys last summer there was a Short clip of a PH being charged by a male Lion his client shot. The Client reloaded and finished the luion at point blank. I believe it was also on the outfitter web site.

Does anyone have the Web site info?

Thank you.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've have it on my computer it is 3.2m so it'll take a while to transfer. I did not keep the site but if you use the search function on this site for "lion Attack" in Jan 2004 you'll have it

Posts: 2299 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Boss, the website you are looking for is www.weshixon.com, or www.throughthecrosshairs.com

Hope any of this helps! The film name is: "JAWS OF SIMBA"

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
I recall the resolution being clearer on the website for the video which no longer appears active (throughthecrosshairs.com - Edit, back up now!), but here is the basic footage from Wes Hixon's website: Lion Charge

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried both of those but didn't find any movie.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Mac - Thank You! I wanted to show the Boys on the "Leatherwall" the measage board for Tradional Bowhunters. We are having a dicussion about carring side arms while bowhunting. There are a few fellows with misconceptions about what a firearm can or can not do during an attack. This clip really says a lot.

BTW - I've alway ment to ask about "DUGABOY DESIGNS" ???

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Boss the Jaws of Simba film is available from www.outdoorvisions.com Is $29.95 USD +shipping. A generally good flick, made even better by the lion charge footage! This Wes Hixon film, and his other one Trough The Crosshairs are both very good films. The Through the Crosshaires film, has footage of one of Jaco Du Plesis' last hunts, in Zambia,s Upper Lupande concession. I took a fine Buffalo right in the same area of the Upper Lupande as the Buff charge in this film, made me feel at home, just watching that film.

The DUGABOY DESIGNS was a line of custom Safari jewelry for men, with a side of custom loaded ammo for double rifles. It never really got past makeing some for myself, and the insurance to protect the doubles of customers was cost prohibitive. However, I still have my burnout ovens, and other equiptment, and may again start it up with the jewelry. As we speak everything is on hold!

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Mac - Thanks, I might like the Buff Charge footage as I hope to change my handle to Boss Duga

Did your jewerly incorparate and animal parts ie. tusks, horn, teeth? I've always thought it to be good Ju-Ju to have something from my kills.