THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Best Mauser Action for a .404 custom?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best Mauser Action for a .404 custom?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
Gentlemen

Here are the pictures of my Argentinian rifles.
One is for Horsemen (the short one) and the other is a normal rifle with a 29"! barrel both are in 7,65 argentine.
I will make a 8x68s long rifle on one of the actions.
Last picture is of a DWM action from the ERA cat.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have a rather nice sporter CZ Mauser with a classic English custom stock, beautiful checkering, scope safety, d&t for one piece base and for receiver sight, in 8mm. It would make an excellent starter for such a project as all you need to do is swap the bbls, do the bolt face and the magazine. Oh, it could also use a commercial trigger, still has the mil trigger. See our website for pic.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ,
Saw the Czech Mauser. Not for me, cool site you have though. I think I am going to wait for the CZ's in .404.
Thanks

Posts: 190 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote