THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    The Countdown, And Fun, Is Continuing!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Countdown, And Fun, Is Continuing!!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Roy and Rene left this morning for Dar, to meet up with Alan who has just finished a hunt.

We are meeting them on Sunday, to head into the bush as soon as we clear customs.

Walter is having a bit of a bother with both his sat phone and passport.

The sat phone I have managed to get someone to fix, his passport, however, is another matter.

In his usual way, yesterday he said he knows where his passport is, but not its exact location!!

I told him he better find it before Sunday morning, or he is going to be left behind!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I look forward to your daily reports. Have a great time.
You better help Walter look!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of Luck!!!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wouldn't be a case of someone (names withheld) hiding walters passport would it?? Big Grin

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
wouldn't be a case of someone (names withheld) hiding walters passport would it?? Big Grin

No one needs to do anything to Walter - he is more than capable of screwing everything up all by himself!

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:

No one needs to do anything to Walter - he is more than capable of screwing everything up all by himself!

............................................................ jumping tu2 Good hunting guys!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A Saeed safari just wouldn't ever be the same without Walter! rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I gave him a fart machine to take with him.

He said "I don't need a farting machine, I have been practicing, and now do it very well without it!"

He also got a gorilla suit with him this year.

He says he will scare the camp staff with it.

Years ago in Zimbabwe he put it on after dinner and walked into the kitchen!??

Everyone ran off screaming!

One man was found still up a tree in the morning!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your annual expedition, it should be fun, and will whet my appetite for hunting this fall!

I wonder what would happen to Walter's fun if one day Saeed and Roy get on the truck on his hunting day and tell him they are his observers and are going to make sure he does it "right" for a change! How much sputtering and swearing of no hunting will happen?

fishing

Posts: 11033 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bon vent Saeed! Safe travels, have fun, and keep us posted!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's to hoping you have a great trip! beer

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Lots of luck Saeed !

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 532 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
Good luck and be safe tu2

DRSS Member

Posts: 906 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
We need the Walter angle on the safari.

With would be lacking...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1628 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Good luck with your annual expedition, it should be fun, and will whet my appetite for hunting this fall!

I wonder what would happen to Walter's fun if one day Saeed and Roy get on the truck on his hunting day and tell him they are his observers and are going to make sure he does it "right" for a change! How much sputtering and swearing of no hunting will happen?

fishing

When we hunted in Zimbabwe both Walter and me hunted in the same truck.

Our PH was Roy Vincent, and Walter took great pride, and put a lot of devotion in making life as hard for him as he possibly could.

The number of times I have heard Roy shout "I will GET him!" must run into thousands!

Here are a few stories to give you an idea.

We were shooting birds for the pot, using a Browmning B2000 shotgun, which takes 5 rounds.

I shot a few birds, and then handed the shotgun to Walter.

He went on shooting, with Roy in toe, and missing practically every bird he fired at.

I am sure he was doing it on purpose, as he is a very good shot.

Roy went back to the truck, and got the shooting sticks.

Walter "what are the shooting sticks for?"
"For you to rest your shotgun on. May be you can hit those birds then!" answered Roy.

"OK, bring it here."

Roy put the sticks down, Walter got on them, standing behind Roy, and fired 5 quick shots!

Roy did not have ear protection - he normally puts his fingers in his ears as we shoot.

"+=*&%#@ +=*&%#@ +=*&%#@ +=*&%#@!" Roy was screaming! I was on the ground rolling with laughter.

Roy was very upset, we got back into the truck, with him promising to deal with Walter.

Walter, meanwhile, was laughing so much on the back of the truck.

I was in the front of the truck with Roy, and I made sure I talked to him in whispers! clap

He kept saying "What? What are you saying? I cannot hear you! That bloody idiot RUINED my hearing!"

On another occasion, Walter took one of those small whistles one can put into the exhaust pipe.

We were out hunting, and stopped for a break mid morning.

Roy went for a leak, and Walter put that whistle into the exhaust pipe of the truck, sticking it so deep one can barely hear it.

Roy got back, and started the engine.

He shut it down.

Started it again, listing carefully.

"Oh blast! The bloody gasket is leaking!"

He shut the engine, and proceeded to find where the noise was coming from the engine.

All the while Walter was offering totally irrelevant help.

I am not sure what he might have in store for us this time.

One of Us
Picture of moved2ski
posted Hide Post
Safe travels my friend. I am looking forward to your updates.

Posts: 51 | Location: Las Vegas via Nebraska | Registered: 19 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

fishing

When we hunted in Zimbabwe both Walter and me hunted in the same truck.

Our PH was Roy Vincent, and Walter took great pride, and put a lot of devotion in making life as hard for him as he possibly could.

The number of times I have heard Roy shout "I will GET him!" must run into thousands!

Here are a few stories to give you an idea.

We were shooting birds for the pot, using a Browmning B2000 shotgun, which takes 5 rounds.

I shot a few birds, and then handed the shotgun to Walter.

He went on shooting, with Roy in toe, and missing practically every bird he fired at.

I am sure he was doing it on purpose, as he is a very good shot.

Roy went back to the truck, and got the shooting sticks.

Walter "what are the shooting sticks for?"
"For you to rest your shotgun on. May be you can hit those birds then!" answered Roy.

"OK, bring it here."

Roy put the sticks down, Walter got on them, standing behind Roy, and fired 5 quick shots!

Roy did not have ear protection - he normally puts his fingers in his ears as we shoot.

"+=*&%#@ +=*&%#@ +=*&%#@ +=*&%#@!" Roy was screaming! I was on the ground rolling with laughter.

Roy was very upset, we got back into the truck, with him promising to deal with Walter.

Walter, meanwhile, was laughing so much on the back of the truck.

I was in the front of the truck with Roy, and I made sure I talked to him in whispers! clap

He kept saying "What? What are you saying? I cannot hear you! That bloody idiot RUINED my hearing!"

On another occasion, Walter took one of those small whistles one can put into the exhaust pipe.

We were out hunting, and stopped for a break mid morning.

Roy went for a leak, and Walter put that whistle into the exhaust pipe of the truck, sticking it so deep one can barely hear it.

Roy got back, and started the engine.

He shut it down.

Started it again, listing carefully.

"Oh blast! The bloody gasket is leaking!"

He shut the engine, and proceeded to find where the noise was coming from the engine.

All the while Walter was offering totally irrelevant help.

I am not sure what he might have in store for us this time.

That is hilarious Saeed!, and Roy must be a very patient man, if i was him I would probably had done the same thing to Walter but with his .460 wby!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 532 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing and hilarious! Looking forward to hearing more. Good hunting Saeed!

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Pressing question of the day... Smiler

Did Walter Find His Passport? salute

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1628 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:

Yes he did, to all our disappointment!

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
rotflmo at the stories above.

All the best to you and Walter, Saeed. As always, I hope this is your best hunt yet! Don't forget to pass on my warmest regards to the entire Vincent clan.

Best regards my friend,
Chris

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:

Yes he did, to all our disappointment!

That is wonderful news.

I will be looking for the daily safari up dates with pictures.

With the pictures and stories that are provided the information that puts us in the long grass with you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I gave him a fart machine to take with him.

He said "I don't need a farting machine, I have been practicing, and now do it very well without it!"

He also got a gorilla suit with him this year.

He says he will scare the camp staff with it.

Years ago in Zimbabwe he put it on after dinner and walked into the kitchen!??

Everyone ran off screaming!

One man was found still up a tree in the morning!

animal animal rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not asking how you can tell when Walter has the gorilla suit on...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10564 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Walter is grayer.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT HUNT...LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR DAILY REPORTS........... clap

Posts: 282 | Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL | Registered: 08 September 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Have a good trip mate. Fingers crossed Walter gets another double on Buff. tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a great hunt.

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hope you guys have a great hunt. please keep us updated in regards to the gorilla suit saga Big Grin

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Good hunt Saeed may you have good times again in the bush Smiler

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safe travels and good hunting.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted Hide Post
Hope you have a safe and enjoyable time!

Posts: 134 | Location: Wrightsville, PA | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote