New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hooray! I did it!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm booked for 14 days with Gunther Heimstadt in Namibia. My first African hunting trip, Leopard and plains game. June 2007 and I'm already chewing the carpet up.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, now go shoot that rifle.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What will be your main rifle?

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Wanderer,

Congrats on your hunt..Now you have to practice and make the shot..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Maybe by that time, we will have a hunting report and pics to keep you excited. My son and I are booked for the same in April 2007, and can hardly stand the wait.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SC-Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, it's exciting, isn't it? My first African hunt is booked for July of 2007, and it's all I can think about!

Posts: 100 | Location: Clover, SC | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Wanderer!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right now I'm planning on taking a 7mm mag and a 375 H&H. I'll probably use the 7mm for most stuff but I wanted something bigger for Eland. Not sure about the Leopard, I've read some things that indicate velocity is a positive.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wanderer,

Gunther is a very, very good hunter and a good man. He will go overboard to make sure you have a good hunt. I took the entire family to hunt with him at Holstein in 2003. It was the family trip of a lifetime.

You made a good choice.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote