Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rhino encounter gone wrong
 Login/Join

posted
Blokes, here is a link to a news story on a rhino photo shoot gone wrong.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/wor...photo-gored-by-rhino

Posts: 2 | Location: australia | Registered: 07 November 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Apparently the advert for the lodge says "enjoy the compnay of rhinos at close range"

I bet she did not enjoy this encounter.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What part of WILD animals do these people not get?
Even a domestic cow will get you if they get a chance.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I smell a lawsuit coming. It happens every year in Yellowstone. People getting too close to the bison. They have at least a dozen gorings per year there because of stupidity.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Rhinos are really amazing animals. Having worked around three of the five species, White, Black and Greater One Horned, one thing everyone is taught from Day One, they are unpredictable and fast as hell.

They are interesting animals but even captive reared individuals will and do react in unexpected manners when startled.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
there is no vaccination for stupidity and no known cure....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the privilege of visiting Yellowstone a few years ago. In the welcome centre they show a video of "what not to do" with a whole bunch of real clips of this kind of stupidity. It is hilarious and I sat and watched it a second time. I wish one could buy that DVD. People can be beyond stupid around wild animals.

Posts: 280 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Rhino, but you botched the job - never mind there's no shortage of idiots and you'll get a chance next time round .... and you should pick up courage and nail the cars as they come by - like your ancestors used to do once upon a time when they roamed the wilds.

One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Not rhino, but on the same lines, back in the old days in RSA, there was a Lion park outside Joburg. Plastered with signs that lions are wild etc, etc, but every year, some idiot(s) would leap out of their car and run after the pretty kitty.

Not to be racist, but it seemed especially common among Asian visitors (Taiwanese), for some reason. They really did not understand that lions are not tame.

Actually, think of it, those lions could have been the role models for the canned RSA hunts.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
there is no vaccination for stupidity and no known cure....

That is really a good one!

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't blame the young lady it was the host that screwed-up. If that were in the states that young couple would soon own that game park.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote