Find
Notify
Tools

Impressive Zebra mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted
I saw this in a taxidermy in the Brits area SA (North West province). Haven't seen this type of mount before and quite like it. What do you guys think?

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it looks a little novel, I would get tired of looking at it in my room. I am a fan of zebra pedistal mounts I think they give the zebra a very noble look.

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
i have seen 2 zebras done like that on a pedestal facing each other ill try and get photos it looked awesome

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here are some zebra pedestal mounts to give you some ideas. I think most of them belong to AR members but I don't know who. The first one is my favorite as it looks like a chess piece.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Here is my pedestal wall mount in my study. I think Brush Country Studios did well.

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the classic wall shoulder mounts are nice and the pedestal mounts are all nice except the one with the feet up like that.

I do not like the thing coming out of the wall like that.

The mounts with the feet raised like some kind of Arabian stallion, just don't look natural to me.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Recognized that 'flame job' pedestal mount from the 2005 Taxidermy World Show. It received a 3rd place for Collective Artists gameheads.
I really liked the creativity of the flames.

Ironically the picture, from that show, is sitting on my computor desk to be printed off for my visiting father-in-law, who collects and has shown Lead Sleds and Street Rods and was a pin striper in his youth. He really enjoyed seeing that 'flame job' mount also.

Here is a pedestal with leather back my husband recently mounted.

Kind regards,
Mary

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghundwan
posted Hide Post
Some very nice pedestal mounts - I am planning on shooting either a Zebra or Waterbuck in early July (what ever walks in front of my rifle first) and was looking for some ideas.

Thanx for the photos - any Waterbuck?

Posts: 277 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The wall mount where the Zebra is bending down taking a drink is different and so reminiscent of Zebra behavior..........

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote