New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hatari Times magazine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Published and written by Harald Wolf....any chance it will return? It was one of my favorites.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Doubtful if we will see the magazine or Harald again. That SOB screwed lots of people by taking subscription money when he knew he was planning for it to end. To make matters worse, he would not reply to any and all emails about the subscriptions. He will state bad health, but an email reply to explain the situaion only takes a short while.

He took me for three years or $120 and would not reply to my emails. I also sent word to him through friends, was told Harald was contacted and my message(s) delivered, and he would not reply. I guess it was worth the money he took to balance his reputation.

He has not shown up to SCI since. Too many people (many here on AR) would call him out for this theft. I sold one complete set of HT and kept the another. It really was a fine publication.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many total issues were there?

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 1 thru 17 with the exception of #9 which is probably around here somewhere, I hope.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Doubtful if we will see the magazine or Harald again. That SOB screwed lots of people by taking subscription money when he knew he was planning for it to end. To make matters worse, he would not reply to any and all emails about the subscriptions. He will state bad health, but an email reply to explain the situaion only takes a short while.

He took me for three years or $120 and would not reply to my emails. I also sent word to him through friends, was told Harald was contacted and my message(s) delivered, and he would not reply. I guess it was worth the money he took to balance his reputation.

He has not shown up to SCI since. Too many people (many here on AR) would call him out for this theft. I sold one complete set of HT and kept the another. It really was a fine publication.
Cal

That is terrible Cal.

How the hell could you tell that he planned to scam people?

I was a subscriber for a number of years, and knew he was having some health problems, but I still sent in my subscription because he had a great magazine which I enjoyed reading.

Anyone who has a set and wishes to sell it, I will be happy top buy it off you.

Let me know by PM please.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rxgremlin:
How many total issues were there?

I have 24.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saeed:
When someone take subscriptions from dozens to hundreds of folks, then immediately stops publication, then won't reply to any and all that ask, I think it's a fair statement as to his intentions.
Second of all, what are all 24 issues worth these days?
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
Cal, I would copy all the back issues to PDF files and put them on a disk and sell them to get back at the guy. At one time he was selling disks with all the old issues on it.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal, you put them on disc and I'll buy the first one. Don't think you have to worry about copyright infringement now.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Once knew a chap here who amassed a lot of money under similar circumstances.

His girlfriend reported he had been taken by a croc whilst fishing and he simply disappeared off the radar. Whatever.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Cal

That is terrible Cal.

I was a subscriber for a number of years, and knew he was having some health problems, but I still sent in my subscription because he had a great magazine which I enjoyed reading.

Saeed you should consider your own AR magazine as you already have a wealth of information and expertise on these forums to compliment such a publication.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
Fairgame had a great suggestion. Talk to Ant and perhaps the magazine can be kept alive. Myself, and many others, would contribute aticles. And while on the topic, why not publish Hatari Times?
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, too, am in favor of someone reviving "Hatari Times". One of Mr. Wolf's problems may have been his mailing system. I was sent duplicate copies of No's 12, 13 (2), 14, 15, 17, 19 and 20. PM me if someone needs one of these issues to complete your collection. Please do not be greedy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An AR Hunting Magazine or a revival of Hatari Times is a splendid idea... tu2

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
About 5 years ago I sent him an email and asked his thoughts on the Heeren action, he sent me a digital copy of the blue prints and the patent.

I think he lives in Belgium, not sure where though.

Someone on these pages wrote that he was working in the aerospace industry. Not sure if that is true or not.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What an excellent idea! And if you're looking for an editor, I'm not doing anything right now!

quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Cal

That is terrible Cal.

Saeed you should consider your own AR magazine as you already have a wealth of information and expertise on these forums to compliment such a publication.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What an excellent idea! And if you're looking for an editor, I'm not doing anything right now!

And a heck of a job you do, too!

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by dr_dog_guy:
quote:

And a heck of a job you do, too!

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this is a great idea. African Hunter is my all time favorite hunting magazine. I would hate to see it perish.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Ira is one hell of an Editor! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is a wonderful editor, and a good writer as well. In the absence of African Hunter (I did just receive an issue - thanks, Ant) I'm glad to see him writing in Magnum.

African Hunter has been my favorite hunting magazine, too, and for a number of years.

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have boxes of gun and hunting magazines that were comped to me over the many many years, including Hatari times...I just don't know if I want to dig thru all those boxes to sell them..Don't even know what they are worth, but it almost has to be a complete set I think...It was my favorite magazine hands down. African Hunter and the RSA magazines are all in these boxes..Id love to sell them all to one buyer if he would come and get them or arrange to have them picked up...otherwise I'll just keep them.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
+1 on putting the whole HT published set into PDF files. I actually contacted Harald several years ago about helping to do this (no financial interest on my part) just to make the work available and maybe get him paid. No reply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old thread

But hope you guys can make a magazine here, i would be like to be a writer for you if it all goes well

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote