Find
Notify
Tools

Three days till hunt with Infinito!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted
As some of you know, I won the Plainsgame hunt this year with Infinito Safaris, Charl Van Rooyen, PH. I am looking forward to getting some of the plainsgame that were not available to me in TZ in 06, on a ten day Buff hunt. Top of the list are Kudu and Gemsbok, with another Zebra and possibly a giraffe and a few others for good measure! Mama has been hitting the range also, and is looking forward to the trip, probably so she can outshoot me, as usual! Received a text from Charl last week about the possibility of a PAC elle hunt, but I was too slow in replying, and they were spoken for... Man, what a dissapointment! I had broken the old Rodda 450/400J out of the safe and was having visions of a Karamoja Safari as I sat at the bench, loading up a batch of Woodleigh solids with a gleam in my eye! C'est la vie! I will be set up to reply to texts next time(just have no use for them, so never got the service)
Hoping the flight there goes quickly! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2271 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Good luck Lee. Have a great trip. Look forward to the report.

Mike

Posts: 21394 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Lee, you and your bride have a great trip and good hunting.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
See ya tomorrow night on the plane.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Charl will do everything he possibly can to make it a great safari for you and your wife.

Relax and have fun!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7594 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
URGENT......DOES ANYONE NEED SOMEONE TO CARRY BAGGAGE? The only down side of going to Africa in April, like I did this year - is constantly reading about everyone else who is going NOW. I can hardly stand it, and I have been more times that a person in this lifetime should be allowed to go! None the less - momma would killeth me if I tried another trip this year.
So.....you buy the plane ticket, pay the daily observer fees, have plenty of Amarula on hand - and I PROMISE to carry all the luggage.
I guarentee you I know where this is going !!!!

Posts: 503 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Go get'm Lee. BOOM

Mike clap

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
What a day! Running around doing all the last minute things, Decided to run to the range for one last practice session. First shot from the .375 goes east, and all follow. My brand new Leupold 1.75x6 lost its windage adj. Fast trip to the gun shop for another and a 45 min trip back to the range and all is good! One day left!!

N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Have a great hunt Lee!

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
What a day! Running around doing all the last minute things, Decided to run to the range for one last practice session. First shot from the .375 goes east, and all follow. My brand new Leupold 1.75x6 lost its windage adj. Fast trip to the gun shop for another and a 45 min trip back to the range and all is good! One day left!!

Lee, that's pretty fortuitous - but I'd have been freakin! Godspeed and be safe. I'm looking forward to your report.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
In the past I have been known as a "glass half empty" guy, I am choosing to see this as a portent of good things to come! But, truthfully, I looked like Bill the Cat around noon today!! Thanks for all the good wishes! Lee.

N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope you have the time of your life.
GOD Bless.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shame the Rodda won't meet tembo. Great seeing you last week at the range, the bolt guns are works or art. You and Terri have a super time. Bob

Posts: 1284 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote